Life is crazy right now. Buying/selling/moving/uprooting – why oh why did we sign on for this! The craziness is giving me insomnia, making me pull my hair out, influencing me to use exclamation points when I should be using question marks.
Oh, right. We signed on to this whole move thing for myriad legitimate reasons. Okay, fine, fine. But life is still crazy. I am so. freaking. behind. on all things blog, and I swore I wouldn’t let that happen, and it’s killing me a little inside. If you have happened to notice I’m not commenting as much, responding to questions as much, and just plain not “around” as much, I am just ridiculously behind and crazy, and I am very sorry, and I cannot wait to get life back on track. So, please, just bear with me for a little longer. (The big update is that we found a fabulous house, though, and we will only have to be homeless for less than a month! Hooray!)
If you’re wondering what all of this moving/crazy talk has to do with sangria, well, there’s a chance you might be in the wrong place. Because otherwise, you are nodding your head knowingly. Sangria is EXACTLY what is called for during life’s more stressful endeavors. I can’t think of a better way to end a box-filled, inspection-heavy, paper-signing, scary-check-writing day than reclining in an adirondack chair with a mason jar of fruit, wine, and booze clutched in my crazed and frazzled grip.
This round-up of sensational sangria recipes has one thing in common, other than deliciousness: summer! Dozens of amazing, creative food bloggers have dreamed up these tantalizing concoctions full of summer fare like blackberries, watermelon, strawberries, tropical fruit, and fresh-picked herbs. Heck, one even sports arugula!
Thirsty for more? Read on!
Super Stone Fruit Sippers
Peaches, plums, nectarines. Heaven.
- White Wine and Peach Sangria - Inspired Taste
- Peach Sangria - The Shiksa in the Kitchen
- Stone Fruit and Strawberry Sangria - What’s Gaby Cooking
- Rosé Sangria with Summer Stone Fruit - Sass + Veracity
- Strawberry Peach Sangria - Recipe Girl
- White Sangria with Nectarines & Plums - The Kitchen Is My Playground
- Peach Sangria - Around My Family Table
Cherry is Oh-So-Very
Cherry sangria is one of my favorites – and these three look particularly tempting.
- Roasted Cherry Sangria - Foodiecrush
- Cherry Limeade Sangria - Recipe Girl
- Cherry Sangria - Wine and Glue
Nothing says summer-in-a-glass like these berry-filled concoctions.
- White Berry Lemon Sangria in a Jar
- Very Berry Sangria - Organized Island
- Sunset Sangria - Wine and Glue
- Three Berry Red Wine Sangria - Imma Eat That
- White Strawberry Lemon Sangria
- Raspberry Rosé Sangria - Everyday Maven
- Strawberry Lime Rosé Sangria
- Fresh & Fruity Sangria - Spa Bettie
- Sangria in Rosé, Bourbon, and Blue - A Farmgirl’s Dabbles
- Strawberry Rosé Sangria - Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Blackberry Pomegranate Sangria - Katie’s Cucina
- Fresh Strawberry Sangria - The Kitchen Is My Playground
- Fruity Sparkling Summer Sangria - Andrea Meyers
Cantaloupe, watermelon … colorful and perfect for soaking up all that delicious wine and booze.
- Sparkling Watermelon Sangria - The Kitchn
- White Cherry, Lime, and Watermelon Sangria
- Simply Sensational Melon Sangria - Modern Day Forager
Tasty & Tropical
A taste of the tropics? Yes, please.
- Mango Sangria - Organized Island
- Tropical Fruit Sangria - Boulder Locavore
- Pineapple Mojito Sangria
- Tropical Passion Sangria - Pineapple and Coconut
Traditional and terrific.
- Sangria Tradicion - Liv Life
- Manischewitz Sangria - What Jew Wanna Eat
- Quick & Easy Summer Sangria - Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine
- Red Sangria with Arugula - Gimme Some Oven
Cocktail pops, sangria slushies, and, AND! sorbet! Brilliant.
- White Sangria Poptails – Endless Simmer
- White Sangria Popsicles – Confections of a Foodie Bride
- Frozen White Peach and Melon Sangria – No Recipes
- Frozen Sangria - Supper for a Steal
- Peach and Lavender Sangria Sorbet - A Thought for Food
- Peach Basil Sangria Sorbet - Beard and Bonnet
Basil? Lavender?! Fennel pollen?!! Love it.
- Strawberry Rosemary Sangria – A Cozy Kitchen
- Savory Cucumber Herb Sangria – Always Order Dessert
- Melon and Mint White Sangria – The Loveless Cafe
- White Sangria Recipe with Fennel Pollen – The Hungry Goddess
- Citrus and Basil Sangria – What Gaby’s Cooking
- Pineapple, Mango, and Basil Sangria – Inspired By Charm
- Peach Lavender Sangria, Pineapple Cilantro Sangria, and Berry Basil Sangria – My Baking Addiction
Kids, expectant mothers, and non-lushes will appreciate these alcohol-free refreshers.
- Kiddie Sangria – Weelicious
- Virgin Watermelon Sangria – Sweet Peas and Saffron
- Virgin Peach Sangria – Sing For Your Supper