Fluffy Nutella Buttercream Frosting
Author: Kitchen Treaty
Recipe type: Dessert
Yield: Enough to frost 12 cupcakes
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ⅔ cup Nutella or other chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch kosher salt (up to ¼ teaspoon, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- In a stand mixer afixed with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter and powdered sugar on low until well-blended. Add the Nutella and increase the speed to medium. Beat for two minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract and salt and whip for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the whipping cream and beat for about one minute, until the frosting lightens slightly in both color and texture.
Recipe by Kitchen Treaty at http://www.kitchentreaty.com/fluffy-nutella-buttercream-frosting/