Best-Ever Mashed Potatoes
Author: Kitchen Treaty
Recipe type: Side Dishes
Yield: 8 servings
- 3 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled (about 10 medium)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature is best)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter (room temperature is best)
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Fill a large pot halfway with water. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Carefully add peeled potatoes.
- Boil over high heat until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain potatoes in a colander. Put drained potatoes back in the pot and put back on the stove over low heat.
- Add the cream cheese, butter, 1/2 cup of the milk, and a hefty pinch salt and pepper.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher until they reach desired consistency. Taste and add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon into a large bowl and top with a generous pat of butter. Serve.
Slightly adapted from the Big Martha's Mashed Potatoes recipe from Martha Stewart
Recipe by Kitchen Treaty at http://www.kitchentreaty.com/best-ever-mashed-potatoes/