47 (Meatless!) Breakfast-for-Dinner Recipes
As far as I’m concerned, breakfast for dinner is a completely legit way to close the day. It’s fast, it’s easy, and – unless it consists only of a chocolate-glazed donut – it’s pretty hearty and satisfying too. It’s a perfect dinnertime option to remember this time of year, as school starts back up and we’re putting those lazy hazy summer days behind us until next year (whimper).
Thanks to foods like eggs, oatmeal, nuts, yogurt, avocados, and fresh produce, vegetarian breakfast-for-dinner recipes are plentiful. So plentiful, in fact, that I’ve rounded up 47 of them right here!
A bowl of oatmeal might sound like a strange dinner, but these hearty numbers might just convince you otherwise.
- Pan-Seared Oatmeal Wedges with Warm Plum Sauce – Ricki Heller
- Crock Pot Overnight Pumpkin Pecan Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Sexed-Up Savory Oatmeal – Penny De Los Santos
- Carrot Cake Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal
Incredible, edible … I sound like a commercial, don’t I? Versatile, protein-packed eggs are the quintessential breakfast food, and for good reason. Here are dozens of ways to enjoy them for dinner.
- Idaho Sunrise: Baked Egg in a Baked Potato – Like Mother Like Daughter
- Shakshuka – Israel’s Favorite Breakfast (Eggs cooked in veggies) – Masala Herb
- Crustless Brie, Vegetable, & Egg Bake – Recipe Girl
- Baked Eggs – My Catholic Kitchen
- Savory Cheesy Kale Tart with Chiles – Shockingly Delicious
- Bagel Quiche – Recipe Girl
- Heuvos Rancheros with Smoky Spicy Guacamole & Grain-Free Tortillas – The Tomato Tart
- Healthy Heuvos Rancheros – Everyday Maven
- Poached Egg and Avocado on Sourdough with Jarlsberg Cheese – Home Cooking Memories
- Individual Spinach Frittatas – Alida’s Kitchen
- Easy Vegetable Frittata – Alida’s Kitchen
- Avocado Manchego Cheese Omelette – Recipe Girl
- Multifaceted Chickpea “Quizza” – Ricki Heller
- Salsa Egg Tacos – Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Hashbrown Waffles with a Fried Egg – Life and Kitchen
- Grab & Go Bagel Breakfast Sandwiches
- Salsa Verde Heuvos Rancheros – Apron Strings
- Moroccan Eggs – 24 Carrot Life
- Breakfast Casserole – Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine
- Greek Yogurt Scrambled Eggs with Fresh Dill & Feta
- Lemony Eggs in a Spinach-Chickpea Nest
- Black Bean, Mushroom, & Avocado Breakfast Scramble
- Mushroom Swiss Breakfast Strata
- Mini Margherita Quinoa Frittatas
- Chiles Rellenos Breakfast Strata
- Leftover Crudite Frittata
Breakfast for dinner be on the sweet side on the rare occasion, yes? These sweet – yet still hearty – options make for a splurge-worthy feast.
- Hazelnut-Pistachio Granola with Dried Cherries & Candied Ginger (served with milk or yogurt)
- Yogurt & Granola Breakfast Parfaits (Three Ways) – Completely Delicious
- Overnight French Toast Casserole – Julie’s Eats & Treats
- Light & Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes – Chocolate, Chocolate, and More
- Carrot Cake Pancakes – Alida’s Kitchen
- Gingerbread Waffles – The Kitchen Is My Playground
- Gluten-Free Banana Waffles – Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine
- Lemon Cream Cheese Gluten-Free Crepes with Raspberry Sauce – What Jew Wanna Eat
- Chocolate Chip Chia Pancakes
- Pumpkin Pancakes with Buttermilk Caramel Syrup & Toasted Hazelnuts
- Whole Wheat Vanilla Yogurt Pancakes
Okay, so there are only two recipes in this category, but they both look so scrumptious, they deserve their own designation. I may never go back to dinner-for-dinner again.
- Smoked Cheddar Grits with Broiled Heirloom Tomatoes – Oh My Veggies
- Fresh Tomato Tart – Modern Christian Homemaker
No cheese, no eggs – just pure plant-based deliciousness.
- Tofu Scramble with Spinach & Tomato – The Garden Grazer
- Southwestern Tofu Scramble – The Kitchn
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Breakfast Parfaits – Oh My Veggies
More Breakfast-for-Dinner Awesomeness
Did you know there’s a whole book dedicated to Breakfast for Dinner?! Brilliant. | Noble Pig shows you how to throw a “Breakfast-for-Dinner” bash, recipes included. Pajama party, anyone?! | Even more breakfast-for-dinner recipes and ideas from marthastewart.com.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a portion of the proceeds. More about this here.