We’re getting married on a blueberry farm. This weekend. This WEEKEND! Gosh, this thing came fast. Seems like Christmas Eve was just yesterday… the day my guy got down on one knee and popped the question. I didn’t say yes, though. I said “of course!”
Gotta say, I’m psyched the day is here. Yes, yes, I am definitely just ready to get it done with and get on with our lives. But I’m also just dang excited for all the festivities (and the honeymoon!) Plus, I get to marry the most wonderful guy. Bring it on.
So I thought it was appropriate this week to share this recipe for Blueberry-Lemon Sauce. Not only because there are blueberries involved, but also because we’re going to be serving this sauce over cheesecake for dessert at our reception.
Not just cheesecake-appropriate, we also love this sauce over ice cream. We love it over pancakes, waffles, and french toast, too.
It’s delish. I love how the lemon really complements the blueberry flavors.
Yum, yum, yum.
Here’s the recipe! And with that, we’re off to get hitched and stuff. See you again in a couple weeks! 🙂
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Zest and juice from one medium lemon (about 1 tablespoon of zest and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Rinse and pick through the blueberries, discarding any bad berries and stems.
- Pour blueberries in a medium saucepan and stir in the sugar, lemon zest and juice, and water.
- Heat over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Turn heat down to medium-low, and simmer for about 15 - 20 minutes, until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Serve warm or cold over cheesecake, ice cream, pancakes, french toast, waffles, or whatever else you dream up. Keeps in the refrigerator, sealed airtight, for several days.
congratulations! Have a great wedding!!!
Hopefully it’s not too full of rain this weekend!
Wow that looks so tasty. Can’ wait to try it. I love blueberry sauce on pancakes.
Congratulations Karen!!! I am so happy for you! Heres to a lifetime of happiness for you both!!!
Congratulations and best wishes on your big day, and may your new life together be even more wonderful than you ever dreamed it would be.
The blueberry sauce looks just scrumptious, I can’t wait to try it. Over panakes, methinks.
im so happy both of you!…congrats..happy wedding..
The blueberry sauce looks just Mind blowing …..