Now that you know how to grill halloumi, how about this delicious idea for serving it? Forget bread – this recipe makes use of grilled halloumi slices topped with a juicy tomato salad for an incredible new spin on bruschetta.
Using halloumi in bruschetta, you get an added dimension to the classic appetizer you normally otherwise wouldn’t – saltiness. Replacing the bread with a slice of salty grilled cheese really brings out the freshness of the summer tomatoes and basil.
I’m honestly not sure I ever want to go back to bread!
Grilled Halloumi Bruschetta
- 9 ounces halloumi cheese slices (grilled (here's how to grill halloumi cheese))
- 2 large vine ripe tomatoes (diced)
- 2 tablespoons chopped black olives
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tabespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange the grilled halloumi slices on a platter or serving dish
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and mix together.
- Top each slice of halloumi with the tomato mixture and serve.
- To make ahead, you can assemble the tomato mix and refrigerate it in an airtight container. Then just grill the cheese, top with the tomatoes, and serve.