Juicy Red Apple Sangria
Juicy. Juicy. Juicy. The word has lost all meaning. (It’s also strangely awkward to type!)
But I think what I was getting at, when I decided to rename this recipe from simply Red Apple Sangria to Juicy Red Apple Sangria, was that this red sangria recipe is just super quenching, refreshing, and ultra easy to sip. You have one sip and you want another. It’s fruity and luscious. And it’s perfect for the season.
It also has two different kinds of fruit juices in it – apple cider for apple flavor, and cranberry for a tart edge that helps make this sangria extra drinkable. And, well, juice-y.
I also add cinnamon and whole cloves because both are phenomenal in a red sangria, and most definitely in a red apple sangria.
I’m a bit of a sangria fiend, and (almost embarrassingly) this is Sangria No. 13 on this here blog. Crazy!
I’m not hosting Thanksgiving this year, but I’ve been asked to bring stuffing and a cocktail. This sangria is exactly what’s happening.
Juicy Red Apple Sangria
A lush red sangria with apples, spices, brandy, and more. We love this sangria for the holidays!
- 1 (750-ml) bottle fruity red wine (I like Tempranillo for this sangria)
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 3/4 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup Triple Sec
- 3 medium apples, cored and diced (I like a combo of red delicious or another red apple + pink lady apples)
- 3 5-inch cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- Ice (for serving)
- Add all ingredients except for ice to a large pitcher. Stir and cover with a lid or plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Stir again before serving. To serve, fill glasses with ice. Spoon several pieces of fruit into the glass and fill the rest of the way with wine. Pluck out any cloves that float to the top (and/or warn your drinkers to keep an eye out for them and pick them out if they come across any!) Garnish with fresh peppermint leaves and cinnamon sticks for extra-festive flair.
For even more apple flavor, consider swapping in an apple brandy such as Calvados.
Adapted from my Classic Red Sangria recipe.// All images and text © for Kitchen Treaty.
More sangria recipes:
- White Strawberry-Lemon Sangria – Pretty, pink, and pinned over 1,000,000 times (!!!)
- Pineapple Mojito Sangria – The minty goodness of mojitos joins up with the fruity goodness of sangria. Goodness all around.
- Strawberry Lime Rosé Sangria – A deep pink (and deeply refreshing) version.
- Sangria in a Jar – Assembled and served up individually, this White Berry-Lemon Sangria is perfect for parties.
- Browse all sangria recipes on Kitchen Treaty
This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a portion of the proceeds. More about this here.