I thought I’d go with a dessert recipe for this Friday. The no-bake cheesecake mini tarts are sweet, easy, and cute … the perfect conclusion to the week.
These two-bite tarts (three if you’re daintier than me) are ideal for entertaining – they’re easy finger food, they look great, and they take – I’m not kidding – not even 10 minutes to make. Taste-wise, the filling is just right. Sour cream, cream cheese, whipping cream, lemon zest, brown sugar, and a little vanilla. It’s the perfect base for those beautiful bursts of blueberries.
You can find these great little phyllo cups in the freezer desserts section at most grocery stores. You could also make them yourself by baking little rounds of phyllo in mini-muffin cups, if you’re so inclined. Me, I’ve been feeling a little lazy this week, so the cute little pre-made cups were perfect, and I didn’t have to turn on the hot oven. Score.
Make some for your next party, or just when you need a little something special.
No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Mini Tarts
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 heaping teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 15 mini phyllo tart shells
- About 1/2 cup blueberries (45 blueberries, rinsed and dried)
- In a medium bowl with an electric hand mixer or in a stand mixer afixed with the paddle attachment, beat together the brown sugar, sour cream, and vanilla on medium speed until smooth, about one minute.
- Add the cream cheese and lemon zest and continue beating until smooth, about one more minute.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and beat for about one more minute until slightly fluffy and smooth.
- Fill mini tart shells with cream cheese filling. You can spoon in the filling, or place the filling in a freezer bag, snip off the end, and pipe it in.
- Top each tart with three blueberries. Serve.