This Month’s Bits & Bites: January 2014
Well hello there! It’s already January 31 (I know! How?!) – and I thought that this year, I’d try something new. It’s a monthly recap featuring of all the stuff that’s swirled around in my head, life, and stomach these past 30 or 31 (or 28, hi February) days.
The biggest deal this month is: as of the first of the year, I am now a regular contributor on the uber-awesome vegetarian blog Oh My Veggies! For awhile, I was posting teasers here to the recipes I was sharing over there, but now that I’m posting on Oh My Veggies once a week, I thought it might be a bit much to post over here every time, too. So I’ll be sharing with you here in this monthly recap what I’ve posted over there. Am I making any sense at all?! Next paragraph.
In addition to sharing my Oh My Veggies stuff, I also thought I’d share some of the recipes/pics/links/what-have-you that I’ve been crushing on this month. And I’ll post a summary of all the recipes I posted here on Kitchen Treaty. And anything else I’ve done, or love, or, you know. Just anything else.
Oh! And I thought I’d emerge from the Dark Ages and start actually using my Instagram account. It’s kind of fun! If you’re on IG, come visit me, would you?! I’m a tad lonely over there sometimes. Of course, my life is not very exciting and there is no way I have the time or patience (or talent) to color-coordinate my feed. So low expectations, please.
All righty then! Here goes this month’s bits and bites.
New recipes this month:
I started off with healthy smoothies and ended with a week of criminally cheesy game-day grub. Well – next month is a new month, right?! Except maybe I’ll start back in with the healthier stuff AFTER February 14. I’ve got some a couple of chocolate recipes up my sleeve.
Any guesses as to which recipe was pinned the most (by a mile)? Hint: They’re round and green, and I convinced myself that eating two in rapid succession would be sure to bring me good luck in 2014.
- Super Moist Vegan Banana Bread Muffins
- Whole Wheat Vanilla Yogurt Pancakes
- Whole Wheat Carrot Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
- Two-Minute Hot Chocolate By the Mug
- Easy Brussels Sprouts Pita Pizzas with Optional Bacon – Most Pinned Award!
- Roasted Winter Vegetables in Thai Red Curry with Optional Chicken
- Vegetarian Pho from Scratch (with Optional Beef for the Meat-Eaters)
- Strawberry Ginger Smoothie
- Toasted Coconut Smoothie
- Mashed White Beans with Spinach, Garlic, & Lemon
- 5-Ingredient Roasted Carrot Ginger Soup
- Jalapeno Mac & Cheese
- Crock Pot Buffalo Cauliflower Chili
- Spicy Black Bean Sliders with Chipotle Mayo
New posts on Oh My Veggies:
Smoothie photo by Rikki Snyder
- Pineapple Coconut Vitamin C Smoothie
- Meatless Meal Plan for 1.20.2014
- Vegan Aussie Bites
- Meatless Monte Cristo
40 Uber-Cheesy Dip Recipes (and they’re all vegetarian, too!)
And this month, I was especially in love with:
- This must-try sunshine smoothie from The Kitchn. Turmeric, say what?
- French onion cheesy bread from Foodiecrush. Oh my cheesiness.
- These strawberry cupcakes from Sally’s Baking Addiction. No box mix, no dye – just strawberry goodness.
- Never Homemaker’s grown-up hot chocolate. Orange and a pinch of cayenne. Hel-lllooo.
- Possibly this vegetable garden. We have a new house and a brand-new hunk of land to gardenify. I CANNOT WAIT.
- African peanut soup from Oh My Veggies. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a soup look quite so satisfying.
- This holy freakin’ baked ravioli from Damn Delicious. And also this Southwestern chopped salad.
- Homemade cinnamon pull-apart bread from Pinch of Yum with a handy-dandy little scissor method to make it all pretty and stuff.
- Salted caramel thumbprint macaroons from Bakers Royale. Like, the normal kind of coconut macaroons that I could possibly actually make.
- Celery-stamped roses. My toddler and I will be putting celery to paper for Valentine’s Cards in the very near future. And then I’ll totally cut off the part with paint and use the rest for veggie broth, because there’s no way I can just throw half a big bunch of celery away.
- 50 detox smoothies. I don’t really care about the detox part. I just want ALL OF THE SMOOTHIES. From The Roasted Root.
- The big vegan bowl from Oh She Glows. I’m officially on the bowl bandwagon – the more hummus, the better.
Hasta la vista, January! Happy Feb to all. 🙂
This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a portion of the proceeds. More about this here.