We are knee-deep in berries over here! Everything has popped up all at once – and early – this year. Raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries. Berry-mania. I think I’m just going to make and freeze a bunch of chia seed jam because weirdly, I’m running out of other ideas.
Other than berries, this month, we had tons of gorgeous sunny summer days. We outfitted our deck and outdoor dining area with a bunch of goodies (mostly from World Market – newly re-obsessed).
After going back and forth a bit on the idea, I’ve decided to write a few sponsored posts here and there on Kitchen Treaty – likely no more than one per month. This month, I wrote a post with BlogHer and LG Studio in which I got to dream about our future kitchen renovation. Not a bad gig! Oh, and I also showed off my horribly chipped nail polish when I shared this tip for pitting cherries. Whichever celebrity made ombre hair a cool thing needs to do the same for chipped polish, that’s all I’ve gotta say.
And here are rest of June’s bits and bites:
New recipes this month
- Boozy Strawberry Lemonade Slushies
- Creamy Greek Potato Salad
- Roasted Garlic & Spinach White Pizzas (with Optional Chicken)
- Chickpea Salad Sandwiches with Potato Chips & Pickles
- Quick & Easy Dinner: Mediterranean Meze Platters
- Greek Yogurt Scrambled Eggs with Fresh Dill & Feta
- Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes
- Strawberry Apricot Sunrise Smoothie
- Slow Cooker “You’ll Never Miss the Bacon” Boston Baked Beans
- Cherry Hazelnut Orzo Salad
New posts on Oh My Veggies
Photo by Lindsey Johnson
I’m a contributor over at Oh My Veggies, and here’s what I cooked up over there this month.
And this month, I was especially in love with:
- Am I the last one on earth to discover this kale shake recipe? Ay carumba. It’s all I crave – and SO healthy.
- These oilcloth party pennants from Modern June on Etsy. We hung a strand on my daughter’s playhouse and I just want to order, like, five more to hang everywhere.
- Firecracker Cauliflower. Seriously yum.
- These Black Forest Popsicles. Gorgeous!
- This Avocado & Fried Jalapeno Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing. Must try.
- Red, White, & Blue(berry) Margaritas. Festive!
- Grilled Zucchini Caprese. Why oh why didn’t I think of this?!
- This semi-fluffy summer book. I rarely have time to just sit and read fiction these days, but I forced this one on my self and I’m loving it.