This Month’s Bits & Bites: Recap for May 2014
We’ve been all about al fresco this month. Our weather has been, for the most part, pretty perfect. So we’ve been working on setting up our outdoor dining space (lights and lanterns are involved -I can’t help myself), and shopping for new grills. We’re thinking of biting the bullet and going Weber. And I came up with the most brilliant idea yesterday, if I do say so myself. His & hers BBQs! One for the meat-eater, one for the vegetarian. Yes? Okay, at $700 a pop, probably not the most practical idea ever. Dare to dream.
New recipes this month
- Veggie-Filled Enchilada Pasta Bake with Optional Ground Beef
- Sea Salt & Honey Ice Cream (No Machine Needed!)
- White Strawberry Kiwi Sangria
- Cinnamon Blueberry Overnight French Toast
- Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
- How to Make a Simple Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
New posts on Oh My Veggies
I’m a contributor over at Oh My Veggies, and here’s what I cooked up over there.
- Grilled Artichokes with Roasted Garlic Olive Oil Dip
- How to Make Chia Seed Jam
- Tandoori Cauliflower with Indian-Spiced Quinoa
- Vegan Spiced Carrot Muffins
- Meatless Meal Plan | 5.5.2014
And this month, I was especially in love with:
- Honey and pure maple syrup. I’ve been cutting way back on my granulated sugar intake, and finding that both of these natural sweeteners work instead about 90% of the time. Love.
- World Market. I’ve totally rediscovered this store – and spent way too much there in May. The good news: I’ve racked up a whole bunch of reward dollars, so I can justify another shopping trip! YES!
- This sangria-centric infographic from Wine Enthusiast – make any sangria you want! Or … just make this one.
- Watermelon, watermelon, and more watermelon. So flippin’ excited that it’s summer.
- 9 Everyday Superfoods over on Oh My Veggies. I learned so much from this post – love that I already have so many incredible nutrient-dense foods right in my pantry and fridge.
- Also on Oh My Veggies (yes, I’m a fan as well as a contributor/editor!) – Strawberry Oatmeal Breakfast Bowls. This is the recipe that finally inspired me to try overnight oats, and I AM IN LOVE.
- Strawberry Lemon Chia Curd from Edible Perspective. Sure, you know all about chia jam – but curd? And one that you don’t even have to cook?! Mind blown. And mouth drooling.
- Ixtapa outdoor lounge chair from CB2. I WANT!
- German Chocolate Cookies. I probably need to treat my German chocolate fiend of a guy to these on Father’s Day. I will also need to taste test them to make sure they are perfect for him. Sugar intake what?
This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a portion of the proceeds. More about this here.