This Week’s Bits & Bites
The last few days have been so fun. Busy, as this time of year tends to be, but fun. We kicked it off with a snow day last Friday, which was pretty much magical because it had been several years since we’ve had a decent snow day in the Seattle area. Over the weekend, we visited a local parade/show and did a bit of Christmas shopping. Next up: Seeing Santa!
We’ve been prepping presents and working on Christmas crafts and wrapping up preschool for the year. Now that winter break is officially here, I’m making my list of projects big and small to tackle over the next few days. Cookie baking is on my mind and I’m thinking of tackling a gingerbread house from scratch. Meanwhile, I’ve got a couple of recipes ready to share on this here blog that I’m super excited about (especially Monday’s recipe)!
This past week, I’ve been thinking a lot about 2017 and what I want to accomplish. I participated in Nicole Culver’s 2017 Blog Planning Party and it’s been really awesome to focus in on what I want to achieve in the coming year. Nicole opened registration just this morning for the online Food Entrepreneur’s Summit and it should be a good one.
Meanwhile, here’s what I’ve been craving …
- Caramelized Almond Cake from David Lebovitz. That almond layer!
- Smoky Vanilla Bourbon Pretzels from How Sweet It Is. Oh how I would love to snack on these.
- Ginger Tahini Cookies from Vegan Richa. I’m intrigued!
- Cranberry Orange Mimosa with Candied Rosemary from Vegetarian Ventures. YES.
- Vanilla Chai Vegan Banana Pancakes from Connoisseurus Veg. Love these!
- Gingerbread Thumbprint Cookies from Love and Olive Oil. On the list!
Have a wonderful weekend!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a portion of the proceeds. More about this here.