This Week’s Bits & Bites
Not much to share this week as it’s been a pretty low-key one around the Kitchen Treaty house. Our little one has had a cold so we’ve been hanging at home for the most part, building castles with with Magnatiles and indulging our daughter’s new obsession with those hilarious (?) Minions.
I’ve been dreaming up a few new recipes that I’m super excited about (Coconut Lime Rice Soup definitely made the “blog-worthy” list). Thinking again about the kitchen remodel that was delayed but still never very far from mind.
So yeah, basically, we’re chilling out inside – while, by the way, the weather is seriously chilly outside. As a native Washingtonian, I find the blue-skies-and-sunshine-yet-20-degrees-Fahrenheit thing super confusing. Around here we’re conditioned to get outside whenever the clouds part, because you’ve got to enjoy it when you can. Yet when you feel your face freezing off, it’s not quite the experience you’ve envisioned. Still, a little brisk air is refreshing. A little. 🙂
Anyway, here are the recipes I’m all about this week. Can’t wait to try those potatoes!
- Roasted Vegetable Plate with Red Pepper Spread from Sprouted Kitchen. Love this idea for a hearty veg meal.
- Crispy Cauliflower Tacos (from the Blissful Basil cookbook) from Well Plated by Erin – plus some straight talk about depression and anxiety. A must-read on both counts.
- Loaded Garlic Kale Potatoes from The Full Helping. YUM.
- Unicorn Hot Chocolate from Love & Olive Oil. I showed this to my daughter, and she’s been talking about it ever since. So clearly a version of this needs to happen in our house.
- These Pinto Bean Fajitas from Vegan Richa would be perfect for our mixed-diet home – individually served means my guy can customize his with a bit of meat if he likes.