This Week’s Bits & Bites
Well, the big day is almost here! We’re knee-deep in Turkey Day preparations around here. Okay, well … let me rephrase. Aside from already making and freezing batches of gravy and cranberry sauce, I am knee-deep in thinking about Turkey Day preparations. I have a feeling I’m going to be in last-minute scramble mode when it comes to the actual work – and hating myself for it. But I guess it is what it is!
Life has been kinda busy what with the redesign and my trying to whip out December posts this month so that I can take a bit of a break, blog-wise, over the holidays. So the house – and the Thanksgiving Day planning – has admittedly suffered a bit. But I’m still excited! Just not for all the housecleaning that needs to happen between now and then. Oh, and decorating, because we’ve got to decorate for Thanksgiving! This year I’m especially obsessed with free printables, just throw one in a picture frame and you’ve got quite possibly the easiest way to spiff up a joint. Like these and these and these (scroll to the bottom).
I am officially thankful for free printables.
Otherwise, I don’t have all that much to share this week, except, as always, the new recipes I’ve been drooling over. Like …
- Simple Vegan Cornbread Sage Stuffing from The Full Helping – I want to edit my menu just so I can squeeze this in.
- Creamy Fall Soup in Acorn Squash Bowls from Minimalist Baker. Ditto.
- Charred Carrots with Herbs from What’s Gaby Cooking. Double ditto.
- Cheesecake Marbled Pumpkin Slab Pie from Smitten Kitchen. Triple ditto.
- Amazing Everything Brownies gluten-free and vegan from Healthy Happy Life. I’m thinking bake sale!
- Vegan & Paleo Slow Cooker Pumpkin Soup on Simply Recipes. Gorgeous.
- Roasted Veggie Enchilada Casserole from Cookie and Kate. Weeknight YES.
- And Chocolate Cake with Cranberry Buttercream from Food52. Cranberry. BUTTERCREAM.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a portion of the proceeds. More about this here.