^^This is what happens when you let your 4-year-old help style your lasagna photos. 😀
Hello and happy Friday! Here it’s sort of agghhh … I’m still coming down from the craziness of Thanksgiving, and admittedly feeling a little overwhelmed by the fact that the holiday madness has only really just begin.
As a family, we have a lot of fun planned over the next few weeks and I plan to take a bit of time off to relax (as much as possible), recharge, and enjoy our little family over the holidays.
I have a few recipes (like lasagna!) all ready to share over the course of the month and of course I will still be posting my weekly Bits and Bites, so it won’t be silence around here or anything, but I definitely won’t be as prolific as I was in November. I always have SO MUCH I want to share in November! (Speaking of SO MUCH to share, I’m already working behind the scenes on developing a ton of hearty, healthy recipes come January, so stay tuned.)
Meanwhile: carbs! I’m taking a Holiday Bread Workshop at my local grocery store and it is a lot of fun. Last night I made a braided bread with cherries and almonds and I am so proud of how it looks that I hated the idea of cutting into it. I got over my pride. Tonight we will make Italian Panettone and German Stollen and I am totally going to feel like a bread boss!
Meanwhile, here’s what I’m loving the looks of this week.
- Two words: Gingerbread Waffles.
- Pumpkin & Chocolate Layer Birthday Cake from Occasionally Eggs. Beautiful!
- Oh and Gingerbread Cake with Caramel Cream Cheese Buttercream from Half Baked Harvest. So festive!
- Garlic & White Wine Pasta with Brussels Sprouts from Minimalist Baker. Mouth. Watering.
- Cardamom-Spiced Stained Glass Cookies from Joy the Baker. Pretty!
- And Mediterranean Pull-Apart bread, also from Joy the Baker. 😮
- Candy Cane Nog Holiday Matcha from Healthy Happy Life. So pretty, totally vegan, looks delicious, basically I’m in love.