I’ve been so pleasantly blown away by the popularity of my White Strawberry-Lemon Sangria – both online and at home – that I thought I’d try another fruity-citrusy white sangria combo.
I like this combo as much – possibly even more – than the first. Fresh bing cherries give this light, uber-drinkable sangria a lovely pink hue. And you can really taste that sweet cherry goodness. Loads of lime slices enhance the cherry flavor … and then there’s the super-spiked rounds of watermelon. Yeah, this is pretty much July in a glass.
Like its strawberry-lemon cousin, this too boasts a nice, not-too-sweet flavor that makes it deliciously drinkable – possibly even dangerously so. You’ve been warned!
Cherry, Lime, & Watermelon White Sangria
- 3 cups watermelon balls (or approx. 3/4-inch chunks)
- 2 cups bing cherries (halved and pitted)
- 3 limes (thinly sliced)
- 1 lemon (thinly sliced)
- 1 750 ml bottle white wine (a dry-ish white wine is best - I like Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1/2 cup white rum
- 4 cups lemon-lime soda
- Add watermelon to a large pitcher, then the cherries, then the limes, then the lemons.
- Pour the wine and rum over the top.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 4 - 5 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and add the lemon lime soda. Add a few pieces of the fruit to your glass along with ice (if desired), and pour sangria over to serve.
- Keeps for about 24 hours in the refrigerator; just be sure to add the lemon-lime soda right before serving.