Memorial Day is upon us, which means summer is upon us, which means summer cocktails are upon us! Except, well, let’s hope the cocktails aren’t actually upon us, because that would be a bummer. Especially in the case of this white-strawberry kiwi sangria. Let’s not spill any of this stuff. Let’s just sip it and make an enthusiastic toast to summer.
This is a super light, refreshing, and easy sangria recipe. Just the way I like ’em! Fresh strawberries and kiwi fruit – and lots of it – join up with a few slices of lime (a little citrus-y kick is always good). And then, over all that luscious fruit, we pour a nice white wine, along with a good glug or two of rum. And a little drizzle of honey, if we’re up for it, to really set off all that sweet summer fruit. Then it goes in the fridge to get good and tasty and perfect.
Let’s fast-forward six hours, shall we? Because I don’t know about you, but I’m ready to get my refresh on.
I’m always a fan of strawberries in sangria, but I really like the sweet/tart note of kiwi fruit when added to the mix. Plus, it adds a pretty punch of green, too! Depending on the ripeness of your kiwis, they might not be quite as sturdy as other typical sangria fruit. As in, some of it might fall apart a bit. Me, I kinda love when a bit of kiwi comes up the straw. It’s like Christmas. But in summer!
Here’s a new video that shows you just how easy it is to make this sangria (and features a few more tasty strawberry sangria recipes too!)
White Strawberry-Kiwi Sangria
- 1 pound strawberries (about 3 cups, hulled and cut in half)
- 4 kiwi fruits (about 1 pound, peeled, halved, and sliced)
- 1 medium lime (sliced)
- 1 750 ml bottle white wine (I recommend a drier selection like Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 1/4 cup honey (optional)
- Lemon-lime soda
- To a large pitcher, add the kiwis, strawberries, lime, wine, and rum. Drizzle in the honey if using. Seal or cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, up to 12.
- Remove from refrigerator and stir gently with a long-handled wooden spoon.
- To serve, fill a glass 2/3 full with sangria and a few pieces of fruit. Top with lemon-lime soda. Serve.
I can’t wait to try this. I might even cheat on my Paleo diet for one of these on Memorial Day! Thanks for a great recipe!
I like that you used kiwi in sangria!! Thanks for sharing!
I am going to have friends over this weekend… so, this drink is a nice option to serve. Thanks for sharing 😉
Everyone at my party (and me!) loved this delicious sangria! I think it is best to use a dry wine and really ripe fruit.