These Coconut Berry Firecracker Ice Pops are as fun to make as they are to eat. I realize that sounds rather cliche, but it’s true! I promise!
You take three different – but oh-so simple – layers, pour them into the popsicle molds kind of like you’re making sand art, and then give ’em a little swirl with a bamboo skewer. After that, they freeze up all awesome looking and you kind of feel like you’ve created edible works of art.
Ones you can totally sink your teeth into.
Oh, and the taste? Dreamy! Rich and creamy vanilla-coconut bliss plus fresh/tart bursts of berries – absolute perfection and just what’s needed on a hot summer day.
Here’s a video showing how fun and easy these are to make. The hard part? Waiting for them to freeze!
Coconut Berry Firecracker Ice Pops
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons + 4 teaspoons honey (divided (can use pure maple syrup or agave syrup to make vegan))
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups about 8 ounces fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup about 6 ounces fresh blueberries
- In a small bowl, combine coconut milk, 2 tablespoons honey, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Add strawberries and 2 teaspoons honey to the pitcher of a blender or to a food processor. Puree. Transfer poureed strawberries to a bowl and rinse out the blender.
- Add blueberries and 2 teaspoons honey to the blender or food processor and puree.
- Alternating in 3-5 layers, pour coconut mix, pureed strawberries, and pureed blueberries into 3-ounce ice pop molds (these are my favorite). Use a skewer or chopstick to blend and swirl layers slightly.
- Add popsicle sticks and freeze for at least 4 hours, until solid.
- To remove popsicles from molds, submerge just the mold in a bowl of room temperature water for a few seconds until popsicles easily slide out. Serve immediately.