Pineapple, Corn, & Kale Salsa + a “Let Them Eat Kale!” Cookbook Giveaway
My blogging friend Julia is a pretty impressive gal. Aside from running a wonderful food blog, she has released not one but two cookbooks in the past year. That’s a hardworking and inspiring chicka right there.
Her brand spankin’ new book, hot on the shelves just yesterday, is called “Let Them Eat Kale!” Yep – a cookbook all about kale.
Kale is, of course, the star of every single dish in the book – including this Pineapple, Corn, & Kale Salsa recipe that I whipped up this past weekend. We loved this recipe – it is so fresh and healthy, with juicy pineapple, crisp kale, red onion, corn, and a nice zip thanks to fresh lime and ginger.
Superpowered salsa – that’s a very good thing.
Julia’s book includes 75 recipes using the green leafy superfood. With a wide variety of foods – from smoothies to snacks to appetizers to entrees – even kale haters are sure to find something to suit their fancy. Plus, the book includes info about the various varieties of kale, gardening tips, and tons of ideas for simply preparing the nutrient-dense leafy green. Not all of the recipe are vegetarian, but many are. And most are gluten-free.
Would you like a copy of your very own? I’m giving one away to a lucky reader! Just leave a comment below and you’ll be entered into the drawing, which ends at midnight Pacific time on July 9.
Meanwhile, though, try this salsa! We also found that we liked eating it as a salad, too – but that’s also because I cut the leaves a little too large. Either way, though, it’s good stuff.
Leave a comment below before midnight Pacific time on July 9, 2014, to be entered into the drawing for your very own copy of Let Them Eat Kale. I’ll pick a winner via random.org on July 10. Thanks for entering!
Pineapple, Corn, & Kale Salsa
Juicy fresh pineapple, crunchy corn, and red onion are amped up by the addition of vitamin-rich kale in this creative and zippy salsa. From Julia Mueller's Let Them Eat Kale, a new cookbook that hit the shelves July 1.
- 2 cups loosely packed dinosaur kale leaves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely diced
- 1 ear corn, cooked, kernels removed
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Add kale to a large mixing bowl and drizzle the lime juice over the top. Stir to coat the leaves. Allow leaves to sit about 5 minutes to allow lime juice to break down some of the fiber.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir together.
- Serve with chips, on tacos, or in burritos.
Recipe from Let Them Eat Kale// All images and text © for Kitchen Treaty.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a portion of the proceeds. More about this here.