If you’re looking for the perfect summer corn salad recipe, look no further! This Summer Corn & Edamame Succotash Salad hits all the right notes.
I am so not into the kitchen right now. We all have phases like that, right?! I want to be outside!
But I am into this Summer Corn & Edamame Salad! The crunchy sweet corn and juicy tomatoes pair perfectly with protein-rich edamame. And I love the bite that a bit of red onion and some freshly ground black pepper lend to the whole deal.
So what’s in this summer corn salad? Corn – fresh off the cob, naturally. Juicy cherry tomatoes. Zippy red onion. And hearty edamame. Easy.
Fresh basil, along with a simple white balsamic-and-olive-oil dressing. One reader adds avocado to hers. That creamy counterpoint sounds insanely delicious to me.
I love this salad all by itself for a simple and satisfying lunch or dinner, but it’s also a great side – especially for potlucks.
Best of all, hardly any time in the kitchen is needed, and this corn salad is perfect for meal prep too. More time outside in the sun!
Summer Corn & Edamame Succotash Salad
- 2 ears fresh sweet corn (husks and silk removed (or about 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed)
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen shelled edamame
- 1 pint 10 ounces (or about 1 1/4 cup) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small red onion (diced)
- 5-6 medium basil leaves (chiffonaded)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt + more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper + more to taste
- Set a large pot of water over high heat. Bring to a boil. Carefully add the corn cobs. Boil for three minutes. Remove with tongs and set aside to cool a bit. Add the edamame. Cook for three minutes. Drain and let cool for a bit.
- Cut the corn kernels off the cob (I set it on end and use a large, sharp chef's knife. Be careful!) Add them to the bowl along with the cooled edamame. Add the cherry tomatoes, onion, and basil.
- Drizzle in the olive oil and vinegar. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Toss well. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. Keeps well for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.