When I’m developing a recipe, I try to come back and make notes about how much I liked (or didn’t like) the end result. This one, after the first try? My notes were “SO GOOD – buttery, crispy, delicious.”
And I still feel the way after the second, third, fourth, and (infinity) times I’ve made this one. I TRULY LOVE THESE WAFFLES.
And bonus? They’re vegan! Yet total crowd-pleasers! And no complicated ingredients here, nuh uh. These Vegan Banana Almond Butter Waffles are so, so easy, and with just a handful of ingredients to boot. Perfect.
They’re based off of my Light & Crispy Vegan Waffles, another super easy yet crowd-goes-wild recipe. I do love those waffles, but sometimes I’m craving waffles with a little more heft – a bit heartier. So I thought I’d throw some almond butter and a banana into the mix and oooooh yeah. New fave right here.
They cook up crispy and golden brown. I love them with slices of banana, pure maple syrup, and a drizzle of warmed almond butter. I’ve even thrown a few hemp seeds on top for a bit of added nutrition. Well, not literally thrown – that sounds messy. And angry. And these waffles make me anything but angry. SO GOOD.
Vegan Banana Almond Butter Waffles
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 14-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Vegan butter
- Banana slices
- Almond butter
- Pure maple syrup
- Hemp seeds
- In a large bowl, mash together banana and almond butter. Whisk in coconut milk, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Set a sifter over the bowl. Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Sift into the wet ingredients.
- Stir with a spatula until incorporated, but don't over-stir!
- Cook according to waffle maker instructions.
- Serve with assorted toppings!