Iced Raspberry Green Tea Limeade
One more summer recipe. One more. I mean, it’s not over until it’s over, right? And it’s not over until September 21, according to my calendar.
(Please ignore all of this next week when I post my first pumpkin recipe of the year.)
This iced green tea recipe is even more summery than I realized. I developed and photographed it about three weeks ago, when it was dry and scorching outside and a sip of this made me feel like I’d just cannonballed into a perfectly cool pool. Now that I’m writing about it, it’s cold and drizzly outside and I’m not feeling it quite as much as I was, but dangit! I will post one more summer recipe!
Note: I started writing this post earlier this week, before the weather turned again. It’s supposed to be 90 degrees today. So now I’m more in the mood for it.
Regardless though, this stuff really does hit the spot any time of year. And with its gorgeous ruby-pink hue, I think it would be especially perfect for a girly celebration like, say, a baby shower. So, friends? Get going on that, please, so that I can throw you a party. I’ve already got the beverage nailed down.
This iced green tea recipe is adapted from another favorite, iced green tea limeade. I wanted to make a fruity version – I started out thinking blueberry, but then that bag of local raspberries, the last of the season, and the one I’d just frozen only about four days prior, kept staring me in the face. It wanted in. And I wasn’t about to deny it.
Plus, if the raspberry plants at our new house produce next year like I’m hoping they do, I’m going to need a lot of raspberry recipes.
By the way? I’m sorry this post is totally scatterbrained. It’s the story of my life right now. I’m so disorganized, frazzled, bad-haired, and can’t-find-my-make-upped. We’re into the second week of between-homelessness and it’s starting to wear a little. The good news? We should get to start moving into our new place in the next few days! HALLE-FRICKIN’-LUIA!
Anyway. Iced green tea! Try this one! It’s not only pretty, it’s pretty yummy too. Yes, I just wrote “yummy.” I am not me.
Iced Raspberry Green Tea Limeade
Pretty. Refreshing. And pretty refreshing. This unique, naturally pink green tea limeade is the perfect drink for summer – or any other time of year.
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Zest of one lime
- 4 bags green tea
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 4 – 6 limes, depending on size/juiciness)
- Lime slices and/or fresh or frozen raspberries for garnish (optional)
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the water, raspberries, sugar, and lime zest to a boil. Stir until sugar is dissolved, about a minute or so, then remove the pan from heat.
- Add green tea bags and steep for exactly one minute. Remove tea bags.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve. Discard solids. Let cool to room temperature, about 20 more minutes, and then stir in the fresh lime juice. Add ice to individual glasses and pour over ice to serve. Add lime slices and/or fresh or frozen raspberries to garnish. Serve.
Products Featured in this Recipe:
This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a portion of the proceeds. More about this here.