I don’t know if it’s because I have a kid now or what, but August isn’t quite the uber-lazy hazy summer extravaganza that it used to be. As soon as July closed up shop, my thoughts turned involuntarily to fall, fresh starts, back-to-school, and getting organized. I’ve been wanting to stock my freezer with easy dinners, and – yep – I’ve been thinking about all the wonderful ways in which I’m going to harness my Crock Pot come fall.
Let’s be honest, though – I never really put the slow cooker away. We’ve been enjoying Crock Pot casseroles, stews, sauces, sides – even cake! – all summer long. It’s the perfect summer appliance – no laboring over a hot stove in an even hotter kitchen. And then there’s the ever-awesome “dinner’s ready yet I hardly lifted a finger” aspect we all love about slow cookers.
Sometimes, though, it can be a bit of a challenge to come up with satisfying, wholesome, and easy vegetarian slow cooker recipes. But I asked some of my blogger friends for some ideas, and they had a ton. And then I went out and visited a few more of my favorite blogs and found some great ideas, as well. Plus, you know I had to include some of my very own favorite go-to recipes too.
And so, here are 25 Easy & Hearty Vegetarian Slow Cooker Dinner Recipes for you to try now, this fall, and all year long. It’s a dinner extravaganza!
- Slow Cooker Mexican Casserole – Amuse Your Bouche
- Crock Pot Veggie Lasagna – Weelicious
- Easy Slow-Cooked Macaroni & Cheese – Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures
- Layered Vegetable Crock Pot Casserole – Happy Healthy Mama
- Crock Pot Barley & Bean Tacos with Avocado Chipotle Cream – Cookie Monster Cooking
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Stuffed Bell Peppers – A Year of Slow Cooking
- Slow Cooker Red Lentil Dal – Cafe Johnsonia
- Slow Cooker Red Lentil Curry – Dizzy, Busy, and Hungry
- Spicy Black Beans & Tomatoes – Budget Bytes
- Slow Cooker Frittata with Artichoke Hearts, Roasted Pepper, & Feta – Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Vodka Pasta Sauce (to serve over pasta) – The Frugal Foodie Mama
- Slow Cooker Tomato Sauce with Fennel (serve over pasta or zucchini noodles) – Cafe Johnsonia
- Slow Cooker Corn & Red Pepper Chowder – Oh My Veggies
- West African Sweet Potato and Peanut Stew – Seasonal & Savory
- Chipotle Black Bean & Quinoa Crock Pot Stew – Tasty Yummies
- Chard, Lentil & Potato Slow Cooker Soup – Oh My Veggies
- Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Coconut Chili – The Fig Tree
- Hearty Slow Cooker Bulgur Chili
- Slow Cooker Red Lentil, Chickpea, & Coconut Soup
- Crock Pot Black Bean & Brown Rice Soup
- Crock Pot Buffalo Cauliflower Chili
- Easy Celery Rice Soup (see vegetarian and slow cooker options) – Farm Fresh Feasts
- Crock Pot Cauliflower Sweet Potato Bisque – Yes, I Want Cake
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Lasagna Soup – Foodie Crush
- Fire-Roasted Slow Cooker Chili – Beard & Bonnet
And that’s a wrap!
Do you have a favorite easy and hearty slow cooker vegetarian recipe? Share and/or link up in the comments below. Happy Crock Potting!
I’m saving this bad boy for when it gets cold, which is juuuust around the corner! All of these recipes look so tasty and healthful! Absolutely love them!
Oh my gosh, fall is SO in the air! For the most part, I am in that place though where I am trying to deny it. Kind of unsuccessfully … sigh.
What a great post; great slow cooker recipes that are vegetarian are so hard to find compared to those with meat!
Thanks, Kalyn! 🙂 They really can be tough to find.
I like to make a sort of pudding with silken tofu. I dissolve 2 tablespoons of brown sugar in 1 cup of warm water. I put this in the crockpot and add some grated ginger and orange zest. Then I put in a package of silken tofu and set it on low for about 2 or 3 hours, usually right before I start dinner. Then after dinner I have this warm and tasty high protein pudding. It also makes a nice breakfast on a cold morning. I have a small crockpot that works well for this. I have never tried it in a large crockpot.
Thanks for including my Easy Celery Rice Soup! I’ve pinned this to Rockin’ Recipe Round Ups Pinterest board since I think this rocks.
LOVE THIS!! I definitely agree that veggie ideas for the slow cooker can be tricky – so often it’s just used for meaty stews – but I love trying new things so will definitely be settling down to look through this list 🙂 thanks so much for featuring my Mexican casserole!
What a delightful roundup! Perfect for weekday meals during these chilly months.
These look so amazing and I’m not even a vegetarian! Pinning for sure!
I’m really trying to turn vegetarian (slowly easing into it) and this is such a great post for people like me who can only find meaty slow cooker recipes! Already dreaming of tonight’s cauliflower bisque dinner 🙂
Hey Karen, thanks for all the awesome ideas!! Question for you… What is the chili that is in all the pictures? I tried clicking through the links that sounded like they could be it, but didn’t see one that sounded right. It looks so good!!! ☺️
My pleasure! 😀 That is the Buffalo Cauliflower Chili. 🙂