Veggie Soup for the Soul. That’s what we’ve got right here. And also veggie soup for our taste buds, our bellies, and our frazzled nerves. Veggie soup for every-darn-thing, basically.
Conveniently, this Comforting Veggie Soup comes together in just under 25 minutes – because on those frazzled days when you need comfort the most, usually you’re a little short on time. And patience. And energy. So, perfect!
This soup is light yet satisfying; it’s super-simple yet full of flavor. It tastes like it simmered all day, but it takes 25 minutes from that first chop of veggies to the last ladle into your bowl. That’s my kinda soup.
25-Minute Comforting Veggie Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil + more for drizzling (if desired)
- 1 medium onion (diced (about 2 cups))
- 4 medium carrots (diced (about 1 1/2 cup))
- 2 stalks celery (diced (about 1/2 cup))
- 1 medium clove garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium or 2 small zucchini (diced)
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups white beans (such as cannellini or pinto beans (or 1 [15-ounce] can))
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- Set a large saucepan over medium heat. When hot, add the olive oil. Add the onion, carrots, and celery and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. While these veggies cook, chop the garlic, zucchini, and parsley.
- Add the garlic, thyme, salt, and black pepper and cook, stirring, for one more minute. Add the tomatoes, vegetable broth, and beans. Increase heat to medium-high. As soon as the soup comes to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered until the zucchini is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley and simmer for one more minute. Remove from heat and stir in red wine vinegar. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if desired. Ladle into bowls and top with parsley sprigs and an extra drizzle of olive oil, if desired.
More simple vegetarian soup recipes:
- 5-Ingredient Roasted Carrot Ginger Soup – so easy and full of so much flavor.
- Simple Lentil Vegetable Soup – a seriously satisfying bowlful.
- Slow-Cooker 5-Ingredient Thai Butternut Squash Soup – this might just be my easiest soup recipe ever.
- Chickpea & Rice Soup – even chicken lovers love this one.
- Bean without Bacon Soup – reminds me of the childhood classic, but, of course, no bacon!