Whenever I bake up a batch of these tender, crisp, perfect oven baked red potato French fries, I secretly beam a little with pride, because dangit, they’re freakin’ fabulous.
Especially when sprinkled with some coarse salt, a good dose of freshly ground black pepper, and served up with a nice big dollop of ketchup. There’s not much better when it comes to a side or a snack, even if it’s not the most unique, creative not-even-a-recipe recipe I’ve ever shared here.
We enjoy these tasty little Oven Baked Red Potato French Fries alongside burgers (veggie for me) or brats, (veggie for me)or even all on their own. They’re a terrifically healthy alternative to deep-fried french fries, and with their crunchy bits here, crispy bits there, and soft puffs of potato in between, they taste just as great. Better, even.
To make easy oven fries even easier, I like to make these with thin-skinned potatoes like red or Yukon gold. No need to peel – just cut into wedges, toss with oil, season, and bake.
Baked Red Potato French Fries
- 2 pounds red potatoes (washed, dried, and cut into cut into 1/2-inch wedges)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Toss with your hands until the wedges are evenly coated with oil.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, tossing after the first 15 minutes and then again every 5-10 minutes, until tender and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.