These flourless peanut butter chocolate chip cookies have been a bit of a revelation around here lately.
It all started with these. After making loads of almond butter for my tutorial, I got it into my head that I wanted to make cookies with some of the almond butter spoils. So I found this recipe from Sally, and the result was a hit.
After that, it wasn’t long before I took the flourless action on over to peanut butter town.
While we love flourless chocolate chip cookies made with almond butter, peanut butter has us utterly and completely smitten. Almond butter results in an almost airy, light cookie. It’s great. But peanut butter is just … ahhhggg. These cookies, seriously! They are soft and chewy and rich and incredible.
We’re not gluten-free in this house, but these gluten-free chocolate chip cookies have won us over.
I mean, for one, they are so easy to make. I love my classic chocolate chip cookies (straight from the Nestle Toll House bag, thank you), but these cookies are so, so much easier. Throw six ingredients into a bowl (yep, just six). Stir with a big, sturdy wooden spoon. Add chocolate chips. Stir again. That’s it!
Scoop onto a baking sheet, flatten just a little with your fingers, bake for 10 minutes, and you’re off to the races. Oh, and P.S., your kitchen smells amazing, too.
Yep – just one bowl, no sifting, no creaming – and far fewer ingredients than traditional chocolate chip cookies.
Of course, if the end result didn’t taste incredible, I wouldn’t be a convert. Luckily, they do.
Yep, pretty much the easiest chocolate chip cookie recipe ever.
Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups smooth natural peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (semisweet works fine too)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, brown sugar, baking soda, kosher salt, eggs, and vanilla with a sturdy wooden spoon until all of the ingredients are very well incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips. Dough will be very stiff.
- Scoop dough in 1.5 tablespoon increments (I use a cookie scoop) and drop on prepared baking sheet. Flatten slightly with fingers.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, until cookies are puffed and beginning to turn golden around the edges.
- Remove from oven and let sit for about 5 minutes to cool and set up. The cookies will deflate slightly while cooling. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cookies keep in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 – 4 days.
Dairy-free optionUse a dairy-free chocolate chip cookies such as Enjoy Life brand.