I’m kind of into the dorky over-the-top holiday themed stuff.
I know I’m a dork. I own it, for the most part. Sometimes I think it would be cooler to be, well, cool – but then I look in the mirror or hear the words coming out of my mouth and I laugh at myself. I am what I am. May as well embrace it.
But enough about me. How about America, and freedom, and liberty, and justice for all? And how about celebrating the day of independence with a tasty, dorkily themed beverage like Fourth of July Sangria?
That’s right, my friends. We’ve got a nice refreshing white sangria with star fruit. And strawberries and blueberries and wine and deliciousness and good times. So how about getting dorky with me for your very own Fourth of July celebration? Jump on in to the uncool pool with me. The water is, actually, pretty fine.
Fourth of July Sangria
- 1 bottle dry white wine (I use pinot grigio, sauvignon blanc would probably work nicely as well)
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries (hulled and halved)
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 1 medium star fruit (sliced)
- 15 maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup pomegranate schnapps
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Club soda
- Add the strawberries, blueberries, star fruit, and cherries to a pitcher.
- Pour in the wine and the pomegranate schnapps.
- Gently stir in the sugar.
- Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours - or, preferably, overnight.
- To serve, fill a glass about 2/3 of the way full with ice cubes. Pour the sangria in about 2/3 full, and add a few pieces of the fruit. Top off with club soda.