National Margarita Day was back in February, and Cinco de Mayo is still a couple of weeks away. Yet here I am with a margarita recipe. What am I thinking?!
Oh, you know what I’m thinking. Who needs an excuse to drink margaritas?! Especially stunning – and scrumptious – fresh mango margaritas?!
When it comes to margaritas, I’m usually a heck-no-to-mixes, straight-up, on-the-rocks kind of gal (margaritas also make me want to hyphenate a lot, apparently). But I’ve fallen hard for this frozen version that blends fresh mangos, a little honey (if you want), freshly-squeezed lime juice, lots of tequila, orange liqueur, and, of course, a bunch of ice.
It’s equal parts sweet and tart, cool and refreshing, potent and oh-so drinkable. Mound it into glasses and watch your day get better – no matter which day it is.
Frozen Mango Lime Margaritas
To rim glasses:
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 cup fresh chopped mango
- 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup triple sec*
- Honey (optional)
- 2-3 cups ice
- Lime slices for garnish (optional)
- Pour the sugar in a small saucer, then wet the rim of each glass with the lime wedge. Dip the rim of the glass into the sugar to coat. Set aside.
- Add mango, lime juice, tequila, and triple sec to a blender and puree. Taste for sweetness - depending on your mango, it may be plenty sweet already, or you may want to add honey, a teaspoon or two at a time, until it's sweet enough. Add 2 cups ice and blend completely, adding additional ice to attain desired thickness.
- Pour into glasses, garnish with a lime slice if desired, and serve.
Fruity frozen drinks are my favorite kinds of drinks! Clearly you could not wait until May to post this–it needed posting NOW!
I love mangos. This sounds pretty good except today its cold and raining. Maybe when the weather warms up!
Oh my goodness – this looks amazing!!!! I love mango and lime. And I love margaritas! Definitely making these this weekend! Yummy!
I for one do not need an excuse to drink a margarita. These sound fantastic!
I love the freshness of this!! Fruity margaritas are always top on my favorite drink list!
Pingback: 35 Vegetarian Recipes for Cinco de Mayo (+ 10 Bonus Margarita Recipes) | Kitchen Treaty
Pingback: Vanilla Lime Green Smoothie | Kitchen Treaty
This looks heavenly! I need one right about now. 🙂
Pingback: 20 Cinco de Mayo Margarita Recipes |
Pingback: Vanilla-Lime Green Smoothie | Dr. R. Kevin O'Brien - SHP Rehab & Wellness Center
Pingback: Make-up and Margaritas | Liquor and Laughter
Pingback: 30 Cinco de Mayo Inspired Cocktails - Kitchen Meets Girl
Pingback: Fresh Cherry & Lime Margarita And 50+ Cinco de Mayo Margarita Madness Recipes - Beard + Bonnet
Pingback: Make time for yourself… | Design Indulgences
Hi Kare, It looks delicious and I’d love to have one right now :).
I’ve just sent you an email regarding this recipe.