Frozen Mango-Lime Margaritas
National Margarita Day was back in February, and Cinco de Mayo is still a couple of weeks away. Yet here I am with a margarita recipe. What am I thinking?!
Oh, you know what I’m thinking. Who needs an excuse to drink margaritas?! Especially stunning – and scrumptious – fresh mango margaritas?!
When it comes to margaritas, I’m usually a heck-no-to-mixes, straight-up, on-the-rocks kind of gal (margaritas also make me want to hyphenate a lot, apparently). But I’ve fallen hard for this frozen version that blends fresh mangos, a little honey (if you want), freshly-squeezed lime juice, lots of tequila, orange liqueur, and, of course, a bunch of ice.
It’s equal parts sweet and tart, cool and refreshing, potent and oh-so drinkable. Mound it into glasses and watch your day get better – no matter which day it is.
Frozen Mango Lime Margaritas
Fresh mangos and just-squeezed lime juice make for a gorgeous margarita that’s equal parts sweet and tart, cool and refreshing, potent and oh-so drinkable.
To rim glasses:
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 cup fresh chopped mango
- 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup triple sec*
- Honey (optional)
- 2-3 cups ice
- Lime slices for garnish (optional)
- Pour the sugar in a small saucer, then wet the rim of each glass with the lime wedge. Dip the rim of the glass into the sugar to coat. Set aside.
- Add mango, lime juice, tequila, and triple sec to a blender and puree. Taste for sweetness – depending on your mango, it may be plenty sweet already, or you may want to add honey, a teaspoon or two at a time, until it’s sweet enough. Add 2 cups ice and blend completely, adding additional ice to attain desired thickness.
- Pour into glasses, garnish with a lime slice if desired, and serve.
* Can substitute Grand Marnier for the Triple Sec.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a portion of the proceeds. More about this here.