If you’re looking for a super-easy, crowd-pleasing holiday treat, look no further.
With only five ingredients (six if you add the sprinkles), Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls are a simple, easy goodie that come together in no time at all and will undoubtedly disappear equally quickly. But don’t worry; smiles (and quite possibly recipe requests) will be left behind.
I’d describe how they taste, but it’s probably pretty obvious. Sweet, rich and that delicious, magical combination of peanut butter and chocolate. In other words: Win!
Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (Jif, Skippy or the like - not the all-natural stuff)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 2 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- Sprinkles (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the peanut butter and the butter.
- Sift in the powdered sugar, stirring with a fork until combined. The mixture will be crumbly.
- Using your hands, shape pieces of the peanut butter mixture into one-inch balls, and set on waxed paper.
- Let sit for 20 - 30 minutes until dry to the touch.
- In a small bowl, add the chocolate chips and the shortening.
- Microwave the chocolate chips and shortening at high power for 30 seconds; stir. Continue heating in 15 second increments, stirring each time, until chocolate chips begin to melt. Keep stirring until they're all the way melted. For me and my microwave, this takes about a minute total.
- Drop the balls into the chocolate and, using a fork, coat the ball. Lift out carefully with the fork and place on waxed paper.
- If using sprinkles, scatter them on the peanut butter balls once they're all coated.
- Allow to sit for an hour or two until the chocolate has hardened.
- Set in cute paper candy cups for some extra flair.
- Keep tightly covered in the fridge for up to two weeks.