The holidays are upon us, and dang, did Christmas come fast this year, or what?! I thought I had it together, but today, I’m a little stressed. I don’t know about you, but I feel like I need an extra boost (or two, or three) to get me through my endless to-do list.
Oh, and hey! A Power Berry Smoothie (or two, or three) should fit the bill just fine.
With its one-two-three nutrient-packed punch of blueberries, cranberries, and pomegranate, this smoothie should give you a little more pep in your step to push you through those last few last-minute things and get started on enjoying the festivities.
I have been looooving smoothies this month. They’re like a little mini reset after indulging on cookies, candy, cookies, chocolate, and cookies. Not that I know anything about that.
And I’m especially sort of in love with this smoothie. It’s got this really nice perkiness to it thanks to tart berries and a zing of lemon. But the bananas and the almond milk add an element of creaminess, too.
It all adds up to an irresistible smoothie that’ll not only give you a little zip, it’s also a nice little jump start on your New Year’s resolutions.
Power Berry Smoothie
- 1/2 large frozen banana (or 1 small)
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or other milk of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 - 2 teaspoons honey (to taste)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree. Taste and blend in additional honey if desired. Pour into a large glass and serve with a wide-mouth straw.
I think we could all use one of these this time of year!
I could defiantly use one of those. What a year:2013 but berries will fix everything up!
Pingback: 50+ Healthy Smoothie and Juice Recipes for Cleansing and Detox - Jeanette's Healthy Living
Pingback: Toasted Coconut Smoothie | Kitchen Treaty
Pingback: April Eats! | Little Blissful Book
What kind of pomegranate juice do you use?
Hi Arushi – POM Wonderful or Trader Joes’ generic version, usually.