Oranges and chocolate go together. Chocolate and wonderful briney flakes of salt go together. So why not all three?
Segments of oranges dipped in rich, dark chocolate and spiked with flakes of Fleur de sel … it totally works.
Whether you’re looking for a quick, easy and relatively healthy (as far as sweet things go) treat or an impressive appetizer for the next girls’ get-together, this recipe for you. In fact, it’s not even really a recipe. It’s just … a thing. That you can do. That you should do.
Sea Salt Dark-Chocolate-Dipped Oranges
- Two medium oranges (I used Cara Cara navels)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (I used Ghiradelli 60% bittersweet chips)
- Fleur de Sel or kosher salt
- Peel the oranges and separate them into segments.
- Lay out a sheet of parchment or wax paper.
- Pour the chocolate chips in a small bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, then microwave in 15 second increments until just melted.
- Dip the orange segments in the chocolate, covering about half the orange on both sides. Set on the parchment or wax paper.
- Sprinkle immediately with Fleur de Sel or kosher salt.
- Let sit at room temperature until the chocolate has hardened - about an hour. Serve.
These look amazing and very easy. Going to try them this weekend, such a nice change from strawberries. I’m assuming in step 3 you mean “just melted” not frozen?
Hi Rachel! Man, I have no idea where “frozen” came from. The depths of my sleep-deprived brain, I guess. Thanks so much for letting me know. Yes – I meant “just melted.” Fixed! And enjoy!
Oh this looks amazing! AND, lucky for me, we’ve got some oranges on our tree, ready to be picked!
Today, I went to the beach front with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She placed the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is totally off topic but I had to tell someone!
ערב טוב לכל הגולשים, אנוכי רוצה להציג מידע בנושא חשוב ביותר.
Pingback: Archived! Amazing Butterscotch Pudding, Baileys & Coffee Cupcakes, Salted Dark Chocolate-Dipped Oranges … | Kitchen Treaty
Pingback: Salted Dark-Chocolate-Dipped OrangesThe Hazel Bloom
That is so creative! They look delicious.