Oranges and chocolate go together. Chocolate and wonderful briney flakes of salt go together. So why not all three?
Segments of oranges dipped in rich, dark chocolate and spiked with flakes of Fleur de sel … it totally works.
Whether you’re looking for a quick, easy and relatively healthy (as far as sweet things go) treat or an impressive appetizer for the next girls’ get-together, this recipe for you. In fact, it’s not even really a recipe. It’s just … a thing. That you can do. That you should do.
Sea Salt Dark-Chocolate-Dipped Oranges
- Two medium oranges (I used Cara Cara navels)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (I used Ghiradelli 60% bittersweet chips)
- Fleur de Sel or kosher salt
- Peel the oranges and separate them into segments.
- Lay out a sheet of parchment or wax paper.
- Pour the chocolate chips in a small bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, then microwave in 15 second increments until just melted.
- Dip the orange segments in the chocolate, covering about half the orange on both sides. Set on the parchment or wax paper.
- Sprinkle immediately with Fleur de Sel or kosher salt.
- Let sit at room temperature until the chocolate has hardened - about an hour. Serve.