Happy, happy Thanksgiving!
I hope your day is full of warmth, laughter, great food, loving family and friends, and maybe, just maybe, a little bit of this.
This, my friends, is white hot chocolate. But it’s not only white hot chocolate, it’s pumpkin white hot chocolate. With nutmeg and cinnamon and pumpkin and whipped cream and white chocolate and heaven. All wrapped up into one.
I was inspired by this homemade white hot chocolate recipe on the fab blog Gimme Some Oven, a “snowflake cocoa” recipe that keeps popping up on Pinterest, and my apparent extra-obsession with pumpkin this year. Which, by the way, officially ends today. Are you giving thanks for that?
Please don’t answer that.
This pumpkin white hot chocolate recipe is, as my lovely niece circa five years ago would say, “hella” good. It’s rich, sweet, and full of pumpkin deliciousness.
And, and! It’s pretty perfect to make on a busy day like today, because you can make it right in your Crock Pot. But unlike most Crock Pot recipes, you can’t really fix it and forget it. You’ve got to give it a stir occasionally to help distribute that delicious melty white chocolate. But you’re already hanging out in your kitchen all day, so, score!
It’s still incredibly low-maintenance to make, and, I think, the perfect sip to savor pre-meal, post-meal, or during-meal. Or all three.
Have a wonderful day today!
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 3- inch cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg plus more for topping
- Additional cinnamon sticks for serving
- Whipped cream for topping (optional)
- Add milk, white chocolate chips, pumpkin, 4 3-inch cinnamon sticks, ginger, and 1 teaspoon nutmeg in a 2 quart or larger slow cooker/Crock Pot.
- Heat on low for 2 – 3 hours, stirring every 10 minutes or so the first hour (to help distribute the white chocolate as it melts) and then occasionally after that.
- To serve, ladle into mugs and top with whipped cream, if using. Grate some fresh nutmeg over the top and add a cinnamon stick (the pumpkin tends to settle a bit so the cinnamon stick has the added bonus of acting as a stir stick).
Pingback: Crock Pot Eggnog Lattes | Kitchen Treaty
Pingback: Game-Day Entertaining: Tips for Easy Make-Ahead Dips + A Recipe for Garlicky Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip | Kitchen Treaty
Pingback: Crock Pot Thursday: Holiday Drink Edition -
Pingback: Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate | Chocolate
Your drink is featured in my fall drink roundup! http://therusticwillow.com/10-slow-cooker-drinks-warm-fall/
Pingback: 100+ Slow Cooker Recipes - Rachel Cooks®