Are smoothies passé yet? I feel like they might be, but on the other hand, I really hope they’re never “out.” They’re such a great way to pack in a ton of nutrients – and satisfy a sweet tooth attack too.
This version’s a bit heartier than some, thanks to the addition of oats. I’ve done that once before, in this Blueberry Oatmeal Smoothie, and I figured it was time I did it again.
Oats are an awesome addition to smoothies. Aside from the added fiber, they bulk up your typical fruity base to help keep you satisfied for longer.
I love cranberry smoothies this time of year – not only for the health factor, but also because they’re just so darn seasonal! I mean, you can’t not look at this smoothie’s rosy hue and NOT feel good, am I right? (To feel even better, drink it too!)
Oh, and just an aside: pineapple may seem like a strange ingredient to add to the list, but stay with me here! The sweetness of the pineapple is the perfect counterpoint to the tart cranberries – no extra sweetener needed.
Spiced Cranberry Oat Smoothie
- 3 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (or your milk of choice)
- 1/3 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- Add all ingredients to the pitcher of a blender and puree until smooth. Serve.
Just what the cranberries were waiting for. Had 1C left over and by gosh this make the morning rather tangy. Thanks again for all your creativity that usually proves to be great!
I love this smoothie!!