I can’t believe it’s already time to publish another “Top 10 of the Year” post. This year just flew by.
It was a good one, though (personally, at least – I’ll not get into politics).
I started the year determined to strengthen my culinary knowledge, and spent half of it going through a professional certification program. It was definitely a great education, and I now feel like I know so much more about how to create a successful recipe. Though the program is plant-based, my own diet is primarily plant-based, and I LOVE creating plant-based recipes, I still plan to create a wide variety of recipes – especially those with non-plant options – moving forward. I’m definitely evolving, though. Don’t we all?!
I’m excited to continue focusing on our unique mixed-diet perspective going into 2018. It’s not so unique anymore though, is it? I swear, everyone I know knows someone who is dealing with mixed-diet situations. Friends who have gone vegan but still have a meat-eating spouse; parents whose kids are exploring vegetarianism; friends who are learning, like I did two years ago, that dairy is not kind to their bodies amidst living with cheese-loving families. Flexible recipes are where it’s at, and I’m looking forward to continuing to create them – along with many delicious plant-based recipes that appeal to ALL – in 2018.
Another focus in 2018 for me will be to revisit many of the recipes in my archives. This blog goes back more than 8 years, and there are quite a few recipes that I want to tweak, rephotograph, and resurface. So in 2018, not only will you see new recipes from me, but you’ll also see a lot of recipes from years past. I really want this blog to be a quality, reliable resource of recipes for you all, and now that I’ve expanded my culinary knowledge, I feel like it’s time to revisit some of the old stuff. Past time, actually. Plus, it’s always fun to add new options to recipes, and that’s what Kitchen Treaty is all about: Options for all.
Happy New Year to you and yours. Thank you so much for reading. It truly means the world to me.
And now, finally, Kitchen Treaty’s Top 10 Recipes of 2017! These are the recipes that I created and published this year that resonated most with readers (in the form of page views).
See any trends? (Hi, Instant Pot!)
10. Plant Protein Power Breakfast Bowls – Best rib-sticking breakfast ever. Aside from lentil soup, that is.
9. Massaged Kale Salad with Avocado & Chickpeas – Healthy, simple, hearty. Love this salad.
8. How to Make Hard-Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot – The only way I made hard-boiled eggs this year. And I made a lot of them!
7. Healing Soba Noodle Soup – Seriously, move over chicken noodle. Love this anti-inflammatory, uber-comforting soup.
6. 3-Ingredient Healthy Caramel Apple Dip – Date caramel joins up with creamy almond butter for this super easy dip.
5. Vegan Creamy Lemon Pasta with Peas – Ah, the magic of cashews. This is a great recipe for vegans, vegetarians, and carnivores living together – each person can customize to their tastes.
4. Crowd-Pleasing Vegan Vanilla Waffles – This one’s a great example of how a recipe can be plant-based yet still appeal to the masses. Everyone loves these!
3. Instant Pot Banana Walnut Steel-Cut Oats – Love all the omega-3 action going on here.
2. Instant Pot Curried Carrot Red Lentil Soup – Red lentils add satiating protein to the mix here. A great hearty soup.
And, by a landslide, my most popular new recipe for 2017 was:
1. Instant Pot Vegan Golden Lentil Soup with Spinach! – Probably my most-made soup of 2017, too. I make this a couple of times every month!
That’s it from me for 2017! Happy 2018 to you all!
Awesome recipe!! Love the sixth one. 🙂