Usually my blog stories start with a silly anecdote or, you know, borderline-insane ramblings. Today, though, I’ve got nothing. Which is sort of disconcerting. But I guess there’s nothing wrong with just getting to the point now and then, eh? Which actually really fits for the dish I’m sharing today – it’s simple, straightforward, no-muss-no-fuss.
With just six ingredients (including the salt) it’s a perfect example of how super simple doesn’t necessarily mean super boring. Rustic red, gold, and blue potatoes tossed with a simple, garlicky basil-pecan pesto – it’s hearty, fresh, and a breeze to throw together.
It’s kinda pretty, too.
Here’s the recipe!
Tri-Color Potatoes with Basil-Pecan Pesto
- 2 pounds potatoes - a mix of baby or fingerling yukon gold (red, and blue potatoes)
- 1 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves (packed)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1 clove of garlic (diced)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Boil potatoes just until fork-tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and allow potatoes to cool to room temperature.
- Add additional salt, if desired, to taste.
- This dish keeps in the fridge but is best served, I think, at room temperature. Enjoy!
Pingback: Tweets that mention Tri-Color Potatoes with Basil-Pecan Pesto | The Hazel Bloom -- Topsy.com
Have seen these potatoes at the market and was kind of leery of buying, being unsure how to cook them. Can’t’ wait now to give them a try, they look gorgeous all on their own, thinking they will really add to my menu planning this month. Thanks for something new to try.
This looks delicious! Have you ever tried this pesto on a pasta. Is it good on that as well?
Nice post. Thanks for sharing. Keep it up!
Thank you, very useful. I wasnt actually a big fan of Spinach for many years (ok, that’s a total lie, I hated the stuff), but after marrying a vegan I kind of had to get used to it, and have slowly come to totally love the stuff. Spinach curry is undoubtedly my absolute favouritest! I even found adedicated spinach recipes website which is my new favourite site now, you should have a look!