Never enough sangria recipes, that’s what I always say. Okay … I don’t always say it. Like, when I wake up in the morning, I don’t yawn then stretch then holler, “Never enough sangria recipes!” Nor do I greet long-lost friends with a hug and instant sangria talk. Or, say, when my daughter asks for a chocolate chip cookie 10 times within the span of 3 seconds (it’s possible!), I don’t snap back with “NEVER ENOUGH SANGRIA RECIPES!”
Well – okay. I usually don’t.
It’s refreshing, light, and, yes – a little potent. I love how easy it is to put together and how easy it is to sip on – especially while lounging outside with friends on a warm summer evening. I love how the strawberries and the mango get all boozy after marinating in wine and rum.
I love that I can have my cocktail and eat it too!
NEVER ENOUGH SANGRIA RECIPES!
Oh and hey, this groovy video shows you just how easy it is to make this sangria (and features a handful of other tasty strawberry sangria recipes too!)
White Strawberry-Mango Sangria
- 1 pint strawberries (hulled and thinly sliced (about 2 cups))
- 2 medium ripe mangoes (peeled and diced (about 1 1/2 cups)*)
- 1 lemons (thinly sliced)
- 1 750 ml bottle white wine (a dry-ish white wine is best - I like Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay)
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 4 cups lemon-lime soda
- Fresh mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Add fruit to a large pitcher. Pour the wine and rum over the top.
- Cover and transfer to the refrigerator. Refrigerate for 4 - 5 hours.
- Add the lemon-lime soda. Add a few pieces of the fruit to your glass and pour sangria over to serve. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs if desired.