Quick, shield your children’s eyes. This one’s for the adults only.
Sinful in pretty much every way, this is the shamrock shake to end all shamrock shakes. It’s an adult shamrock shake with not one, not two, but three kinds of booze. Plus copious amounts of vanilla ice cream. And whipping cream. And the cherry on top, is, well … a cherry on top.
Once again my guy and I donned our dutiful recipe tester hats and tried a few variations of this naughty shake until we came up with the perfect concoction. The sacrifices we make, I tell ya.
Flavors of cool mint, luscious vanilla, and delicious Baileys give this unabashedly adult shamrock shake oodles of Irish flair.
Top o’ the happy hour to ya.
- 6 cups (3 pints) vanilla ice cream
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) creme de menthe liqueur
- 3 ounces (1/3 cup) vodka
- 3 ounces (1/3 cup) Irish cream liqueur (like Baileys)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maraschino cherries and sweetened whipped cream for garnish
- Add vanilla ice cream, creme de menthe, vodka, Irish cream liqueur, and vanilla extract to a blender and mix until completely blended.
- Divide between two tall glasses and top with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry. Serve with a straw.