I’m writing this post on Sunday evening as we watch the Oscars. Forty-five minutes or so in, my takeaways are this:
1) My ears say Stewie is hosting. My eyes see something different. So very confused.
2) The “We Saw Your Boobs” song. Surprisingly catchy. I give it a … C. (Sorry, that’s the breast pun I could muster.)
3) Paul Rudd was completely stoned, right? No matter. Still my celebrity boyfriend.
4) Jaws speech cut-off music?! Ha. Pure awesome.
5) Jessica Chastain. Just, gasp.
The truth is, I’ve always loved movies, but in 2012, I saw exactly two in the theater: “This is 40″ and “Argo.” The former isn’t anywhere near the Oscars, and rightfully so – it was terrible. The latter, Argo? Both my guy and I loved it. And because it’s pretty much the only movie we’re really familiar with, we’re cheering it on.Read More