This simple, easy apple mustard dip is a great choice for when you’re looking for a quick appetizer recipe. Sweet and spicy apple butter, tangy mustard, and thyme are absolutely perfect with sharp cheddar and apple dippers.
So! Let’s just say you’ve got some apple butter. (“Let’s just say you’ve got a match.” Can you name that Jim Carrey character?)
Aaaand you need to come up with the easiest, fastest appetizer ever.
You’ve also got some stone-ground mustard, fresh thyme, a couple of apples, and some nicely aged sharp cheddar.
Sweet! Now go forth and make Apple Mustard Dip. It’s addictive, tasty, easy, and unique.
(The character, by the way, is Fire Marshall Bill from that awesome show from the early 90’s, In Living Color.)
Here’s the recipe!
Apple Butter Mustard Dip with Sharp Cheddar and Apple Cubes
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (chopped)
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt + a little more to taste (if you want)
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- sharp cheddar cheese (cut into cubes)
- Apples (whichever kind you prefer, cut into wedges or cubes and sprinkled with a little lemon juice to prevent browning)
- In a small bowl, stir together the apple butter, mustard, and thyme. Add salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Cube cheddar cheese and apples.
- Serve cheddar and apples with dip on the side - and toothpicks to spear and dip the cubes.