My guy watched a Seahawks game this past Saturday night.
He was pumped. “Football!”
I was bummed. “Football?!” (Already?! Seriously, summer just started. What’s up with that?)
One way to come to grips with the fact that autumn is imminent (grr) is to start thinking about game-day foods. It’s the serious issues that plague me, folks.
So I made a serious dip. Actually, it’s not so serious. It starts with the word “cheesy,” after all.
Cheesy Mexican Corn Dip. It’s got cheese. It’s got corn. You knew that already. The corn is right off the cob … it technically is still summer, after all. It’s also got cumin, pickled jalapenos, red onion, sour cream, and green Tabasco. You can eat it cold (delicious) …
or hot (oh-my-God delicious).
Now get back outside, enjoy the sun, and forget I ever mentioned football or fall. But please remember this dip.
Cheesy Mexican Corn Dip
- 2 ears corn (about 2 cups corn kernels)
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped hot or mild pickled jalapeno pepper slices
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Few dashes green Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- With a serrated knife, cut the stem end off of the corn. Place corn in husks directly in the microwave and cook on high for about five minutes. Allow to cool for about five minutes, then remove the husks and silky strands. Cut kernels from the cob and add to a medium bowl.
- Add the cheddar cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, red onion, pickled jalapenos, and cumin. Mix well.
- Add salt, pepper, and green Tabasco sauce to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the flavors to meld.
- Serve cold or warm with tortilla chips or jicama, carrot, and celery sticks. To serve warm, bake at 350 degrees in an 5" x 8" pan for 20 minutes until hot and bubbly and serve immediately.
Adapted from Food.com
Pingback: Game-Day Entertaining: Tips for Easy Make-Ahead Dips + A Recipe for Garlicky Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip | Kitchen Treaty
Pingback: 35 Vegetarian Recipes for Cinco de Mayo (+ 10 Bonus Margarita Recipes) | Kitchen Treaty
Can’t wait to give some of these recipes a try. Will blog them when I do with links back to you.
Thanks, Barbara – hope you love them!
Pingback: Top 6 Meatless Cinco de Mayo Recipes | Care2 Causes
Pingback: 40 Uber-Cheesy Dip Recipes (P.S. They're all meatless, too!) | Kitchen Treaty
Pingback: Over 50 Easy Cheesy Appetizer Recipes - Cupcakes & Kale Chips