If you’re looking for a lemonade recipe for one, this Fresh-Squeezed Lemonade by the Glass is perfect for you!
Because sometimes you just need a little refreshment. One glass worth, to be exact. Something special, something easy, thirst-quenching, and cold. Some lemonade, for instance.
I love lemonade (but then who hates lemonade?). And I love that it’s a cinch to make – especially this lemonade recipe for one.
Seriously, this one-glass-of-lemonade recipe could not be simpler. How’s it made, exactly? Well, the ingredients you need for this lemonade recipe for one are:
- A lemon (for about 3 tablespoons worth of fresh lemon juice)
- Water – Some hot, and some cold (I’ll explain this in a minute)
- Granulated sugar
- Ice, of course!
The first thing you want to do is stir the sugar together with the hot water, right in the glass. Why hot water? This is an easy-peasy (lemon squeezy [ahem]) way to dissolve the sugar quickly. No grainy lemonade here!
Then, add the lemon juice and the remaining water.
Plop in ice so that your glass is filled to the brim, stir, and voila! That’s how to make a glass of lemonade!
So now you know how to make lemonade with fresh lemon juice for one glass. Soon you’ll be finding yourself making a cup of lemonade every time the craving hits (guaranteed the craving will hit often after you’ve discovered this super-simple fresh-squeezed lemonade by the glass!)
Now to find the perfect lemonade-sipping spot out on the porch …
Want more lemonade recipes?
- Want to add a little something special? Try this Fresh Strawberry Lemonade by the Glass recipe. So good!
- For the most gorgeous hue, check out Fresh Blueberry Lemonade.
- Craving a unique spin? Try Vanilla Bean Lemonade (think creamsicle. Mmmm!)
- Wanting to booze things up a bit? Go for these Boozy Strawberry Lemonade Slushies.
If you try this recipe, please leave a rating! And, if you find it share-worthy – which I hope you do – please share. Tag #kitchentreaty on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest, and don’t forget to check out my other recipes!
Fresh-Squeezed Lemonade by the Glass
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice (from 1 medium-to-large lemon)
- 3/4 cup cold water
- In a 16-ounce or larger glass, stir together the sugar and hot water until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the lemon juice and the cold water.
- Fill to the top with ice and serve.
This Lemonade was so good! We added strawberries and it gave it so much more flavor! I will definitely be using this recipe again!
The hot water+sugar step was just what I was missing! Thanks!