Scrambled Eggs with Greek Yogurt are such a protein-rich, flavor-filled way to enjoy eggs. We love these for hearty, satisfying breakfasts!
Table of Contents
- The Story Behind the Recipe
- Scrambled Eggs with Greek Yogurt Ingredients
- More Eggs-for-Breakfast Ideas
- FULL, PRINTABLE RECIPE
- Comments & Reviews
The Story Behind the Recipe
I stopped adding milk to my scrambled eggs awhile ago, but something always feels a little off when I beat in a little water – or nothing at all – instead.
Old habits, all that.
So when the light bulb with a container of Greek yogurt inside of it appeared over my head one morning as I whisked my eggs, I thought, hmm. Would yogurt work in scrambled eggs? And so then I tried adding some Greek yogurt to the mix.
And you know what? The first time was a miserable failure. I used way too much yogurt, and my eggs were a gloppy, strange mess. But I WILL NOT FAIL! So I messed with the ratio a bit – just enough Greek yogurt to lend a tangy creaminess without making things go south – and when I was happy with that, I decided we needed dill. And a little bit of salty oomph thanks to a last-minute addition of feta. And then my life was complete.
Scrambled Eggs with Greek Yogurt Ingredients
We’ve got a super simple list of ingredients. You can make it even simpler by leaving out the feta and the dill – I just love the additions of both of those for extra flavor.
- Fresh dill & crumbled
- Olive oil – for a less sticky situation (and a little dose of antioxidants!)
- Eggs – of course
- Greek yogurt – just enough to add tang and body
- Salt & pepper – because you can’t do scrambled eggs without it
Scrambled Eggs with Greek Yogurt are a win-win situation. The Greek yogurt doesn’t just add tang and a slight creaminess, it also adds a couple extra little awesome grams of protein. And that makes me happy, too.
More Eggs for Breakfast
- Avocado Toast Eggs Benedict combines two wonderful things and keeps them vegetarian! Love the creamy avocado hollandaise over the top.
- Green Eggs & Yams features a sweet potato hash, pesto drizzle, and poached eggs. Yum.
- My very favorite method for making hard-boiled eggs.
Scrambled Eggs with Greek Yogurt, Dill, & Feta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill plus a couple of sprigs for garnish (if desired)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Add olive oil to a large non-stick saute pan over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, salt, pepper, and chopped dill until well-blended.
- Pour the eggs into the pan and cook, stirring frequently, until fluffy, solid, and no longer runny, 4-5 minutes. Add feta and combine.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately, topped with with sprigs of fresh dill, if desired.