A fresh, light, seasonal, and – most importantly – scrumptious dinner right from the grill? Yes please.
Grilled halloumi, juicy peaches, and fresh arugula in this Grilled Halloumi & Peach Salad means you get a salty, sweet and zesty element all in one light bite.
If you don’t have white balsamic, a regular balsamic or even a reduce balsamic glaze would be equally delicious on this salad.
Grilled Halloumi & Peach Salad
- 4 ounces grilled halloumi slices (about 4 2-inch by 4-inch slices (here's how to grill halloumi cheese))
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 peaches (cut into 6 wedges)
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts*
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat outdoor grill or stove-top grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Spray peach segments with cooking spray or brush with olive oil then place on the grill. Add cheese to the grill too. Grill for 2-3 minutes per side until charred grill marks appear and peach is just starting to soften, flip and grill on the other side.
- Arrange the arugula on a salad dish, top with grilled peach segments and grilled halloumi slices. Top with toasted pine nuts.
- Whisk the olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl until combined. Drizzle dressing over top of the salad and season with salt and pepper to taste.