Welcome to what’s quite possibly the world’s most addicting side dish! Actually, I take that back – I forgot about French fries. But I will say that this roasted broccolini recipe really is one of the best sides out there. It’s super easy to make – just a handful of ingredients, and only 20 minutes needed. And it’s SO GOOD! I may or may not have eaten an entire tray like, well, French fries before.
So here’s what we’ve got. Broccolini – otherwise known as baby broccoli. They’re longer and leaner than broccoli, milder and a little more tender. When you roast broccolini, bits and pieces get crisp and caramelized, giving it flavor. And addictive-ness.
We toss the broccolini in olive oil and sesame oil. Sesame is the theme, after all! Then we toss in a little bit of salt, spread it on a baking sheet, and into the oven it goes.
And out of the oven!
While it roasts, go ahead and toast up some sesame seeds. Then plate your roasted broccolini and sprinkle with said sesame seeds.
Then, you know, eat.
This is a side that I think can go with just about anything, but with the sesame going on, I think it goes particularly well with many different Asian dishes. And it’s just so easy to make.
20-Minute Sesame Roasted Broccolini
- 1 large bunch broccolini (ends trimmed and large pieces cut into smaller pieces)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil*
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt or other coarse salt + more to taste
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds**
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Trim broccolini and swish in a large bowl of water to wash. Remove from water and pat dry with paper towels. Empty the bowl, wipe it out, and place the broccolini back in it. Drizzle sesame oil and olive oil over the top and toss to coat broccolini well. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Place in oven and roast until tender and somewhat wilted, about 15 minutes, stirring at the 10-minute mark. Remove from oven. Place on serving plate. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and an additional sprinkle of salt if desired. Serve immediately.