Top 10 Recipes of 2016
What a year! Weirdly, it didn’t really seem like a lot was going on when it was happening, but there really have been a lot of changes, blog-wise, this past year.
Under admittedly a bit of duress, I continued my dairy-free adventures. But 100% dairy-free recipes didn’t feel quite right. Keeping in mind that I started this blog with lots of dairy-licious stuff and that many of you still enjoy it, I decided to bring on two contributors to help create some new, and usually dairy-full, recipes. Brandy and Gina have developed several fabulous recipes for the blog, including one that made the top 10! Love it.
One benefit of going dairy-free was my 2016 relationship with Silk, in which I worked with them to create several posts and recipes about embracing plant-based living. It’s been a ton of fun to work on recipes created with one of my favorite products.
This year, I also really started thinking about Kitchen Treaty and how I wanted it to evolve. I sent out a survey in the spring and incorporated much of what you asked for in my redesign. Speaking of: the redesign! My largest business investment and probably the biggest change yet. I love it. And I hope you do too.
Speaking of love, I did a little analyzing and these are the recipes you loved most of all this year. I looked at the recipes with the most pageviews between January 1, 2016 and now – which means that recipes published earlier this year have more of a chance of ending up in the top 10. I’m sure there’s a much more scientific and accurate way to extrapolate the top published recipes of 2016 but math was never my strong suit. Nonetheless, we can still get a good idea of which recipes resonated, even if there is probably a more accurate way to go about it.
And the overall trend? Healthy, healthy, healthy, and probably for the first time ever, nary a slow cooker recipe in the mix. Looks like I need to step up my slow cooker game or finally master my new Instant Pot … we shall see.
Anyway, here are Kitchen Treaty’s Top 10 of 2016! Thanks for reading; I hope to see you around a lot in the coming year!
10. Sheet Pan Tofu & Veggie Dinner – Sheet pan dinners were hot this year! This was my super simple take on a vegan version. So easy.
9. Buffalo Chickpea Salad – Buffalo (the sauce, not the meat) continues to be popular, and for good reason – it’s delicious! Especially in this salad. One of my faves, too.
8. Pea Pesto Pasta Salad – I’m always looking for new pea recipes and I was pretty excited about this one. Okay, still am.
7. Zucchini Fettucine with Creamy White Bean Alfredo Sauce – In which I finally embraced zoodles!
6. Vanilla Turmeric Tea Latte – Another popular trend, turmeric! I drink this golden milk at least once a week. Still obsessed.
5. Simple Lentil Vegetable Soup – Just a good, simple recipe.
4. Vegan Camping Food Idea + A Recipe for PB&J Overnight Oats – Vegans like to camp too! This post that I created in partnership with Silk has tons of food ideas for vegans plus my favorite overnight oat recipe yet.
3. How to Cook Asparagus 3 Ways – I was especially obsessed with asparagus this past spring! One of my fave veggies.
2. Spinach Feta Breakfast Wrap – Gina created a flawless Starbucks copycat and you took note!
1. Gluten-Free Vegan Banana Oat Blender Pancakes – It makes me happy that this recipe is #1 because I worked my tail off making it just right. I still make the final recipe all the time!
And that’s a wrap! Well, there was one wrap – and I do promise more wraps in 2017. But I meant to say, we’re done! Looking forward to more deliciousness in 2017.
And thank you, thank you SO MUCH for being here!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a portion of the proceeds. More about this here.