Top 10 Recipes of 2016
What a year! Weirdly, it didn’t really seem like a lot was going on when it was happening, but there really have been a lot of changes, blog-wise, this past year.
Under admittedly a bit of duress, I continued my dairy-free adventures. But 100% dairy-free recipes didn’t feel quite right. Keeping in mind that I started this blog with lots of dairy-licious stuff and that many of you still enjoy it, I decided to bring on two contributors to help create some new, and usually dairy-full, recipes. Brandy and Gina have developed several fabulous recipes for the blog, including one that made the top 10! Love it.
One benefit of going dairy-free was my 2016 relationship with Silk, in which I worked with them to create several posts and recipes about embracing plant-based living. It’s been a ton of fun to work on recipes created with one of my favorite products.
This year, I also really started thinking about Kitchen Treaty and how I wanted it to evolve. I sent out a survey in the spring and incorporated much of what you asked for in my redesign. Speaking of: the redesign! My largest business investment and probably the biggest change yet. I love it. And I hope you do too.
Speaking of love, I did a little analyzing and these are the recipes you loved most of all this year. I looked at the recipes with the most pageviews between January 1, 2016 and now – which means that recipes published earlier this year have more of a chance of ending up in the top 10. I’m sure there’s a much more scientific and accurate way to extrapolate the top published recipes of 2016 but math was never my strong suit. Nonetheless, we can still get a good idea of which recipes resonated, even if there is probably a more accurate way to go about it.
And the overall trend? Healthy, healthy, healthy, and probably for the first time ever, nary a slow cooker recipe in the mix. Looks like I need to step up my slow cooker game or finally master my new Instant Pot … we shall see.
Anyway, here are Kitchen Treaty’s Top 10 of 2016! Thanks for reading; I hope to see you around a lot in the coming year!
10. Sheet Pan Tofu & Veggie Dinner – Sheet pan dinners were hot this year! This was my super simple take on a vegan version. So easy.
9. Buffalo Chickpea Salad – Buffalo (the sauce, not the meat) continues to be popular, and for good reason – it’s delicious! Especially in this salad. One of my faves, too.
8. Pea Pesto Pasta Salad – I’m always looking for new pea recipes and I was pretty excited about this one. Okay, still am.
7. Zucchini Fettucine with Creamy White Bean Alfredo Sauce – In which I finally embraced zoodles!
6. Vanilla Turmeric Tea Latte – Another popular trend, turmeric! I drink this golden milk at least once a week. Still obsessed.
5. Simple Lentil Vegetable Soup – Just a good, simple recipe.
4. Vegan Camping Food Idea + A Recipe for PB&J Overnight Oats – Vegans like to camp too! This post that I created in partnership with Silk has tons of food ideas for vegans plus my favorite overnight oat recipe yet.
3. How to Cook Asparagus 3 Ways – I was especially obsessed with asparagus this past spring! One of my fave veggies.
2. Spinach Feta Breakfast Wrap – Gina created a flawless Starbucks copycat and you took note!
1. Gluten-Free Vegan Banana Oat Blender Pancakes – It makes me happy that this recipe is #1 because I worked my tail off making it just right. I still make the final recipe all the time!
And that’s a wrap! Well, there was one wrap – and I do promise more wraps in 2017. But I meant to say, we’re done! Looking forward to more deliciousness in 2017.
And thank you, thank you SO MUCH for being here!