Sometimes you just need a little refreshment. One glass worth, to be exact. Something special, something easy, thirst-quenching, and cold. Some lemonade, for instance.
I love lemonade (but then who hates lemonade?). And I love that it’s a cinch to make, especially by the glass. This recipe could not be simpler – dissolve some sugar, squeeze a couple of lemons and add the juice, stir in water, and then plop in some ice cubes.
And then, of course, drink.
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- ¼ cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- ¾ cup cold water
- In a 16-ounce or larger cup, stir together the sugar and hot water until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the lemon juice and the cold water.
- Fill to the top with ice and serve.