It’s crunch time! I entered this holiday season determined to be prepared, stay organized, and have everything I wanted to do done as early as possible.
Good intentions. Here I am scrambling along with most everyone else. I have to admit I find myself putting this post together at an incredibly frenzied pace all while adding item after item to my mental “must do today” checklist. Aaaah!
If you’re lucky enough to find yourself with an extra 10 minutes, though, here are some ideas for you.
Chop Chop! Fast Appetizers & Snacks
- White Bean & Kale Pesto Dip
- Cream Cheese & Sweet Chili Dip from BBC Good Food
- In-a-Snap Bruschetta from Taste of Home
- Brie Pimento Cheese from Whole Foods Market
- Santa Strawberries from Leann Bakes
- Or simply set out a terrific cheese platter. Here are some tips from Real Simple and Barefoot Contessa/Food Network
Sweet Treats to Beat the Ticking Clock
Note: Some of these recipes take very little hands-on time, but may need extra time to set. Please read the recipe carefully before starting!
- Five-Minute Fudge Wreath from Tidy Mom
- Candy Cane Chex Mix from Heather Christo
- Biscoff Tiger Bark from Miss in the Kitchen
- Candy Cane Marshmallow Pops from Liv Life
- Peppermint Crunch Puppy Chow from Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Gourmet Chocolate-Covered Strawberries from Hoosier Handmade
- Candy Cane Kiss Popcorn from Cookies & Cups
- Santa Hat Pretzels from Free & Fun Christmas
- Double Chocolate Salted Peanut Bark
- White Chocolate Oreo Bark
- Peppermint Bark from Use Real Butter
- Peppermint Chocolate Spoons from Bakers Royale
- Christmas Party Popcorn
Desserts in a Dash
- Orange Sauce on Ricotta from Martha Stewart
- Blood Oranges with Honey from PCC Natural Markets
- Peppermint Bark Milkshake from Two Peas and Their Pod
Breakfast in a Flash
- Gingerbread Waffles from The Kitchen is My Playground (smothered in Caramel Eggnog Syrup from Picky Palate, perhaps?)
- Strawberries with Yogurt & Pistachios from Martha Stewart
- Egg in a Hole from The Pioneer Woman
- Broiled Grapefruit from PCC Natural Markets
- Whole Wheat Buttermilk Silver Dollar Pancakes
Cheery Cocktails & Warm-Ups on the Double
- Peppermintini from A Spicy Perspective
- Pomegranate Lime White Wine Spritzers from Nutmeg Nanny
- Elevate any plain ol’ mug of hot chocolate with these Easy Snowman Marshmallows from Sweet Sugar Belle (allow several hours for frosting to set)
- Crock Pot Peppermint Mochas*
- Crock Pot Eggnog Lattes*
* While it takes just about no time to prepare, you should allow about two hours for the drinks to warm in Crock Pot.
Too-Quick Table Decor
- Candy-Cane Vase from Katie Brown
- Candy Cane Placecard Holders from Industrious Justice
- A Simple Centerpiece of Tealights in Jam Jars from Simple Bites
These sites allow you to search by cooking time. Cool, right?!
- BBC Good Food – recipes that take 15 minutes or less
- Whole Foods Market – “quick and easy” search
- Allrecipes.com – recipes that take 15 minutes or less
- Food Network – recipe list sorted by cook time
- Food.com – holiday recipes sorted by cook time
I’ll be laying low this week as I spend time with my family. I’m so, so excited for 2013 at Kitchen Treaty! Have a wonderful Christmas and an oh-so happy New Year.
SO many amazing ideas shared here today! Thanks so much for linking up to my peppermint crunch puppy chow. I want some of that white bean/kale pesto dip! It looks divine! I’m a sucker for dips. 🙂
How could I *not* link up to that amazingness? 🙂 Thanks, Sally – have a wonderful holiday!
I love this post! Whenever I entertain, I’m always such a wreck because I lack the ability to multi-task in the kitchen. So I totally need these 10 minute or less ideas.
Love this round up of recipes! Awesome ideas.
Hope you had a lovely Christmas.