Are you on board with green smoothies yet? I am – and how – but I get how their, um, goblin-esque hue can be a turn-off for some. With spinach green smoothies, however, what you see is not what you taste – and therein lies their beauty. You get a huge hit of greens but all you taste is fruity goodness. Pinky swear.
My latest green smoothie fixation: This Ginger Peach Green Smoothie. Sweet and juicy with a fresh ripe peach; zingy with a hit of ginger. And no spinach taste.
With just four ingredients – five if you feel like it needs a little sweetening (this depends on personal taste and how sweet your fruit is) – it’s wonderfully simple too. If you’re still needing to be dragged kicking and screaming into greensmoothietown, this might just be the smoothie to do it.
Ginger Peach Green Smoothie
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peaches (approx. one 10-ounce peach)
- 1 small frozen banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or another milk of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger (about 1/2 thumb-sized piece, peeled and diced*)
- 1 cup baby spinach (packed)
- Optional: Honey (agave, or another sweetener of choice)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth. Taste and add sweetener if desired. Pour into a glass and serve.
If you have a high powered blender, just use water and some almonds. It’s even more nutritious and satisfying.
Pingback: healthy green smoothies
I really enjoy this smoothie. For added protein I added Fage yogurt.