Originally published nearly three years ago on February 28, 2013, this mango coconut green smoothie has remained my favorite, the grand poobah of smoothies. It’s creamy and sweet (but not too sweet), energizing, tastes like a splurge, and it sports a tropical vibe that helps brighten up the darkest winter day. So I thought I’d take some new pictures and re-share this Vegan Mango-Coconut Green Smoothie recipe – my very favorite smoothie recipe!
So, I realize I’m several years late to the party here, but I’ve finally discovered yoga.
It’s, like, a trip to the spa for a massage. Except you do it yourself, it’s cheaper, and you feel even better afterwards. I’m taking very beginner level classes – no impossible pose attempts in front of depressing mirrors and no hot-yoga blackout episodes, not that I’d know anything about either of those things – and I’m practically giddy over how much I’m enjoying it. “Grace” and “flexible” are about the last two words one would ever use to describe me, but if I keep this up, maybe I’ll get a little closer. So far, it certainly makes me feel great.
A blog story about a nice, healthy green smoothie seemed to be the perfect chance to share my yoga discovery. After all, when I come home all loosey-goosey relaxed after yoga class, this mango-coconut green smoothie is pretty much the perfect way to recharge.
Smoothies are the best thing ever, aren’t they? They feel like a treat – it’s like drinking a fruity milkshake! – but generally they’re packed with energizing nutrients and guilt-free goodness.
This one in particular is unbelievably good – not to mention pretty (have I ever mentioned green is my favorite color? What can I say; it pleases me every time I go in for a sip.)
If you’ve never tried a green smoothie made with spinach, you’ll be shocked and amazed that you don’t taste it at all. Spinach just makes the smoothie gorgeously green, and, of course, super-healthy.
More Green Smoothie Recipes
- Tropical Green Smoothie
- 4-Ingredient Mango Green Smoothie
- Ginger Peach Green Smoothie
- Toasted Coconut Green Smoothie
- Chocolate Raspberry Sneaky Green Smoothie (hint: it’s not actually green in color!)
- Healthy Shamrock Shake Smoothie
- Green Lime Smoothie
- Pumpkin Pie Green Smoothie
Vegan Mango-Coconut Green Smoothie
- 1 cup fresh washed spinach leaves (packed (I generally use packaged, pre-washed baby spinach))
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mango cubes
- 1/2 medium banana
- 3/4 cup light canned coconut milk (can substitute almond milk, but the end result might not be as creamy and won’t taste coconutty)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter (this adds a bit more more coconut flavor plus fiber and a little protein)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds (these add some more fiber plus omega-3 fatty acids and a little protein)
- Chopped mango or coconut for topping
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour into glasses, add toppings if desired, and serve with a straw.