Green Sunshine Smoothie (Our Very Favorite Green Smoothie!)
I know smoothie recipes – and especially green smoothie recipes – are super commonplace and easy these days. So does the world really need another?
Good point, self. The truth is, sometimes you (I) happen across a particularly delicious combination and you (I) know you (I) won’t remember the combo. So you (I) decide you’d better publish it on your (okay I’ll stop now) food blog so that you can keep the recipe forevermore.
And here is why, in 2019, you’re seeing another recipe for a dadgum green smoothie: The Green Sunshine Smoothie!
This one is entirely drinkable – so drinkable, my smoothie-averse kiddo declared it yummy! That’s saying something (those of you who know my daughter and me know that’s really, really something).
It’s got frozen pineapple, frozen mango, an orange (one of those Cuties, peeled and thrown on in, is perfect), almond milk, banana, and spinach or kale (or a bit of both).
It’s super easy to have all the ingredients on hand, because the pineapple and mango just hang in your freezer, and if you’re like me, at least in the wintertime you always have those easy-peel, super sweet oranges on hand (but it’s always nice to have oranges hanging out anytime of the year).
Add in a banana, almond milk, and some greens and viola! Another green smoothie recipe! (I promise, this one is worth a try. In fact, our family has decided it tastes like sunshine. Hence the name! Not that we know what sunshine tastes like, but, you know. It’s gotta be a happy taste, right?)
Green Sunshine Smoothie
Our absolute favorite green smoothie. This one’s sweet and tropical tasting. It’s only green in looks – you can’t taste the kale or spinach at all!
- 1/2 cup kale leaves, baby kale, or baby spinach (packed)
- 1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 whole small orange (or 1/2 large orange), peeled
- 1 medium banana, peeled
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- Add all ingredients, starting with 1/2 cup milk, to a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. If your smoothie is too thick, add a bit more milk until it blends smoothly.
- Divide between one or two glasses and serve.